about how long after an interview do you know if you're accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melucla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've heard anything from a week to a few weeks...just wanted to know the average time for any of the schools. that would save me some travel time and money if I knew and didn't have to go to every single interview. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from both UAB and SCO within a week. If you have all your stuff in when you interview, the interview is the only thing left for them to consider. Most of them have admissions committees meeting every week or every other week, so I dont' think it would be longer than that after the interview.

it also depends on whether your competing for a contract seat. some schools will wait and interview a group of students from a given state before filling those seats

Members don't see this ad :)
side question...

I haven't taken the OAT yet... but I got an interview. I'll probably hear from them AFTER my OAT right?

Yup it'd be after your OAT.

I interviewed at IU on Friday and they said they are going to let us know tomorrow.

I heard right after the interview that I was accepted, that is possible too. In general it is usually a week or two after.

took 6 days to hear from uab and exactly 1 week to hear from sco...i did have everything turned in to them before the interview.

what did you not have turned in?

Do you also get something in the mail or a notification if they decide not to accept you? or do you simply not hear from them? not sure if this is a silly question but im just wondering!
Thanks!

I think it depends on the school. I know michigan usually wait until after january before they let you know. I had an interview at indiana last friday and got an offer the following wednesday.