1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

About how long.....

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by agutier3, Sep 6, 2002.

1. agutier3

agutier3 The City By the Bay

About how long does it take for schools to invite you for an interview once committee review of your file starts? I just want to have a rough estimate before I start making needless calls and harrassing overworked admissions people at the schools.

Your own experiences would be greatly appreciated.:D

Arby

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    It depends on how the school's admissions process works. Generally speaking, you will be notified 2-3 weeks after the school beings reviewing your file.

Because admin. people are overworked and constantly harrassed, I would not encourage you to call and ask for them to check the status of your application, or whether or not you will be invited for an interview.

DO call and ask them to confirm whether or not your application is complete, and ask if any other necessary items are needed at that time. If your app. is being reviewed still, they will let you know. If you are getting an interview, they will probably let you know.

I believe it is all in the way you phrase the question. :)