About rabies vaccination

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theunraveler

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i remember my lecturer talking about this issue but i was screen saver mode as usual so i didnt really take note but it seems that if u vaccinate a dog or a cat with rabies vaccine, there is a chance that the site where it was injected might grow cancerous? why is that so?

Members don't see this ad.

i remember my lecturer talking about this issue but i was screen saver mode as usual so i didnt really take note but it seems that if u vaccinate a dog or a cat with rabies vaccine, there is a chance that the site where it was injected might grow cancerous? why is that so?

Look up vaccine related sarcomas in cats. That should get you the info you are looking for.:thumbup:

And for future reference, lecturers have a strange habit of talking about things you actually need to know. Crazy huh? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ok my exams are finally over so i can respond to this thread

with regards to vaccine related sarcomas, will humans be affected by it? i am due for my rabies shot soon and it would really ruin my day in the future if i develop cancer at the site of the injection...

I've never heard of rabies vaccine-induced tumors in people so if happens at all it's probably really rare.

i am due for my rabies shot soon and it would really ruin my day in the future if i develop cancer at the site of the injection...

I'm gonna guess getting rabies would not be most people's idea of a fun day.