ABP Pass Rates - EXCEL File Attached

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Obnoxious Dad

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For some reason the ABP pass rates are not available at the ABP website. Let's hope the ABP is just updating the file.

A couple of months ago I was able to draw down the 2008-2010 pass rates as an EXCEL file. You will find that file attached. The first tab shows every peds program and its pass rate in state alphabetical order. The second tab sorts the residency programs by pass rate. You may want to refer to this as you make out your ROL.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Peds Pass Rates.xls
    88 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Thanks O Dad!

For those of you wanting to peruse the list through the ABP, I finally figured out where to find it.
To Become Certified --> Training Programs --> General Pediatrics Program Pass Rates

And since we're on the subject, out of curiosity how heavily are board pass rates influencing everyone's ROLs since statistics tend to fluctuate?

I personally didn't take that into account when I made my ROL last year because the statistics do change. For instance, my programs prev pass rates were 68% because 1 year several did pass the boards because they didn't prep. Now we do lot's of board review- daily questions, groups, more "mini ITE"s etc. and this past year we had a much much higher pass rate. So I wouldn't just go on pass rates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that sheet for first-time only, or overall?

Is that sheet for first-time only, or overall?

Looks like first time only (judging by my own program).

I would be slightly careful about judging programs by pass rate. So much of that is up to the individual. Also, smaller programs will see a large drop in their pass rate by just one resident failing.