ABPP-CN work sample timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gepetto

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Anyone ABPP-CN who can tell me how long it took you between the time you submitted your work samples to the time you heard back?

I’m trying to plan how quickly I can get them together / if I’d be able to get my act together in time for orals this fall !

Members don't see this ad.

Good question. It's been a little while, but I believe I heard back within 2-3 months...? Unfortunately, I didn't save the emails to be able to double-check. I know that nowadays, folks have said they've been able to complete the entire process within about a year of finishing fellowship.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my work samples in February and the confirmation email said I would hear back within 4 months (so I think the turn-around time has increased a little).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the process as well. Submitted work samples end of February and no word yet. Heard from someone else it recently took 5 months to hear back.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
It's doable to get work samples in and back and written exam done by then, but that's cutting it close. Next spring may be a more doable option.
Written exam is done! Just work samples and oral exams

If the goal is trying to take the oral exams in the fall, then like you're probably thinking, you'll want to get the practice samples in ASAP. Are they offering the oral exams 4x/year now, or just 2x?
I only saw 2 dates for this year - April and November

I only saw 2 dates for this year - April and November
Sounds similar to "back in my day." I believe I submitted my work samples around February of the year I sat for the November oral exams, but you might still have time if you get them in fairly quickly.

Submitted on 2/18/2023. ABPP account was updated as "ABCN summary decision" on 6/13/2023 (3 days ago) but have not heard from the board.

Edit: Notified of the decision on 6/29/2023.

Last edited:
Submitted on 2/18/2023. ABPP account was updated as "ABCN summary decision" on 6/13/2023 (3 days ago) but have not heard from the board.

Mine said this for a few days and then I was notified that Sunday evening of the decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Ohh. I submitted 2/28/2023 so I'm thinking I may hear something soon if we're on a similar timeline. Fingers crossed.