ABPS Anesthesiology "Board Certification"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USCTrojan11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having recently taken the oral boards (and passed) I heard from a fellow examinee that if he failed again, he would just do the November ABPS certification which is a zoom exam with apparently lower standards. I had no clue there was an alternative to the ABA but a rudimentary google search shows they are recognized in multiple states as a "board certification" in anesthesiology along with other specialities.

Can anyone weigh in if they've seen this before? Would you hire and credential someone with an alternate certification?

The Hilton hotel bar was an interesting place and I definitely had some great conversations there as I had a night cap before exam day.

Members don't see this ad.

I also never heard of ABPS. Wouldn’t most people be too embarrassed to resort to them?

WCI has an entertaining post about ABPS.

Reactions: 1 user
I also never heard of ABPS. Wouldn’t most people be too embarrassed to resort to them?

WCI has an entertaining post about ABPS.

His article helped lots. One of my IM colleague did a EM fellowship. He insisted that he can be board certified, now it finally makes sense.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is interesting I had never heard of ABPS. My guess is that AMCs or even large hospitals might not care and this would allow you to check the box of "board certification". But that is just a guess.

Can we all agree to do ABPS this year just to revolt against having to travel for orals?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users