Choreoathetoid

5+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2009
Status
Searched the threads and couldn't find a good discussion of whether going through the new Complete Absite Review by Fiser is worth the battle for PGY1 exam. Personally, i like the 2nd Edition Absite Review (shorter, colored, excellent diagrams). How many times do interns generally go through this to feel comfortable?

Also, peoples thoughts on Absite.org, and worth the 75$?

Thanks!

dchaos

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2007
Ireland
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I used Absite.org this year (my first ABSITE) as I fancied the idea of using a question-bank online to supplement and test what I was revising in the textbooks. The questions themselves are OK; there are quite a few typos and several of the answer-explanations are cut-off, but I did recognize a couple of questions on the actual exam. My program hasn't yet released ours scores, so I have no idea if the $75 paid off.

The accompanying notes on absite.org, however, are pretty terrible.

Last edited:

SLUser11

CRS
10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I used Absite.org this year (my first ABSITE) as I fancied the idea of using a question-bank online to supplement and test what I was revising in the textbooks. The questions themselves are OK; there are quite a few typos and several of the answer-explanations are cut-off, but I did recognize a couple of questions on the actual exam. My program hasn't yet released ours scores, so I have no idea if the $75 paid off.

The accompanying notes on absite.org, however, are pretty terrible.
Proof again that surgisphere sucks.

Anyway, to the OP, this has been discussed before. Do a search of this forum, and you'll find a thread dedicated to that book. Then, look at WS's "Surgery FAQs" sticky and find the ABSITE thread. Next, look at "ABSITE Blues" started by yours truly.

meathooks

Perpetual Resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2006
The dirty area of the South
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I couldn't read the Complete version, since it consists of nothing but blocks of text (similar to how Fiser was before they revised it). I like all the pretty pictures and colored charts and whatnot in the smaller version. I think it was also about 30 dollars more expensive, so screw that.

dz15233251

10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
Status
Medical Student
SLU - what is "WS's Surgery FAQ's"? Having trouble finding it.

Thanks.