academic discipline to caribean

Started by clarkbar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I am a gal in distress. I had my admission rescinded from a school for academic dishonesty. I also withdrew from a domestic med school. My grades and test scores are good though. Would I have a chance for the carib schools which ones?
Yes one of the Big four should pick you up, is this for Sept? I would apply ASAP.

So were you in Medical school? Are you still in undergrad?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I graduated first, then went to med school. I passed three courses, failed two, then left the second year after a leave of absence.
My undergrad has a citation on it, put on years after I got it.
Do the Caribeans care about this thing? What about licensing boards in the states? Would I have to retake the mcat?

gpa: 3.465
sci: 3.464
mcat 27 (2002)

No they do not care that much, it has been said many times, and there is truth to it, the Caribbean schools are more about money. They are private schools so they will give you a "Shot", they will ask about the citation and you will have to explain but as long as you do not lie you should get accepted by one of them, in fact since you passed some courses in Medical school you should be able to apply as a transfer ( better status).

License boards will not know unless they review your undergrad records.
When it comes to License unless it is asked on the app for one do not tell, there is nothing wrong with that.
Never lie thats all.
 
I am a gal in distress. I had my admission rescinded from a school for academic dishonesty. [\quote] OK was this the medical school during the leave? If not did you finish undergrad?

I also withdrew from a domestic med school. My grades and test scores are good though. Would I have a chance for the carib schools which ones?

I think you can go to a Caribbean Medical school as I said but I think we need know where and when this exactly happened to help.

Was the admission rescinded when the Medical school found out?

What did you do to get into trouble? You may need help in how to explain

Everyone makes mistakes and some are worse then others, I think people who make a mistake but are honest about it have a chance those who lie and try to get away with it end up in trouble at some point.
 
True but not when you were in Medical school already, then its a transfer.

DO you really think the Big $$$$4 really care anyway?
I think the big 4 would care about the academic dishonesty. You might have to apply broadly to the other Carribean schools as well as the Big 4.
 
If it's just for failing classes, then yeah they will accept you. Just be aware that many caribbean schools have tougher promotions and academic policies than other schools do, so you want to make sure you do not get dismissed again.