Academic Faculty Institution Review.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lasvegas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been considering a teaching position after fellowship and it seems there is little useful review information available on line - other than from program websites. I would like to submit the idea of starting a sticky thread here that would serve this purpose.

Faculty could report how they feel about working with specific programs. The pros and cons about leadership, pay, benefits, working hours and conditions, and the like.

Of course some attendings who contribute to this site may not want to give up part of their anonymity by submitting that kind of program specific information here, and that’s understandable. However, if you are so inclined, let’s hear it – what’s it like working as an attending at your place?

Members don't see this ad.

I remember a similar thread a while back, and what sticks out in my mind is how UrgeWX talks about how tired he got being sabatoged (sp?) by residents. I'm not sure if UrgeWx is the same as the current member Urge (because I think UrgeWx was banned for some reason), but that thread was interesting anyway. Try a search on Urgewx postings and you might find it, it had some interesting verbage.

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember a similar thread a while back, and what sticks out in my mind is how UrgeWX talks about how tired he got being sabatoged (sp?) by residents. I'm not sure if UrgeWx is the same as the current member Urge (because I think UrgeWx was banned for some reason), but that thread was interesting anyway. Try a search on Urgewx postings and you might find it, it had some interesting verbage.

Same dude. I banned UrgeWrx of whatever the hell his previous monkier was for being a total jerk off.

I'm sure he's giving hell to some poor CA-whatever at some ivory tower. I'll be going the opposite direction once I'm done.

Same dude. I banned UrgeWrx of whatever the hell his previous monkier was for being a total jerk off.

I'm sure he's giving hell to some poor CA-whatever at some ivory tower. I'll be going the opposite direction once I'm done.

dude urge is still posting. Posts seem pretty good.

Hey OP

You may want to do this on the Private Forum. Therefore, more limited access. More attendings,etc. Everyone on there is a physician/resident/med student that's in the ASA. People are verified and therefore may be more forthcoming.

Just a thought