academic/Life hardship essay.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harmony14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Texas tech lubbock has 2 secondary essays: academic hardship (300 words) and hardship/adversity (300 words). My adversity essay that I have been using for most of my secondaries is a financial hardship which I also use to explain any academic/ extracurricular discrepancies. I am stuck on the academic hardship essay because my lowest grade in a course was a B. I know that definitely does not sound like low performance and I never dropped or retaken a course.

I have several options That I need help choosing.

1. try to explain why I got B's instead of A's ( really difficult and I don't think I can do it in 300 words or even 100 words)
  2. write a new adversity essay and use my financial hardship for the academic hardship
  3. I wrote another essay for another secondary about a failure in one of my courses. Use that for my academic hardship.
  4. I wrote another essay for another secondary about my difficulty in working in a group filled with professionals initially but I learned something that made the experience really pleasant and would love to be part of something like it again. Use that for my adversity essay.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No to #4: medicine is a team sport
#1 doesn’t seem fruitful

No to #4: medicine is a team sport
#1 doesn’t seem fruitful

thank you for the response.

about the 4th one, it was how initially it was difficult. but I learned something that made the experience really pleasant and would love to be part of something like it again.

I was leaning towards the 3rd one. I just need more input.

Members don't see this ad :)
about the 4th one, it was how initially it was difficult. but I learned something that made the experience really pleasant and would love to be part of something like it again.
This is important context to have added above.