You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Academic Pharmacists and residency requirements
Started by BrownSugar83
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Most (if not all) are board certified here at my school ... so PGY-2 I guess
You can sit for BCPS after a PGY-1 residency. I know of a fair number of faculty members around the country with "just" a PGY-1. Many of these are working in Internal Medicine or Family Practice type settings. A PGY-2 is definitely preferable, but do it in your preferred specialty area, not because you think there will be a job available.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted205891
I have heard of ambulatory care professors with a PGY-1.
Also, newer schools sometimes hire professors with PGY-1s, if that PGY-1 had a strong teaching component.
Also, newer schools sometimes hire professors with PGY-1s, if that PGY-1 had a strong teaching component.
Or PhD in pharmacy admin. Will have a job for life... And become a dean.
Or be like me and be the ultimate overachiever, PGY1, PGY2, and PhD in pharm ad.
D
deleted205891
Or be like me and be the ultimate overachiever, PGY1, PGY2, and PhD in pharm ad.
For all you know, that's what it'll take to get a job in 10 years.
Or be like me and be the ultimate overachiever, PGY1, PGY2, and PhD in pharm ad.
You doin pgy2?
You doin pgy2?
Yes sir!
Yes sir!
Awesome......did Lourdes influence you to do PhD?
Awesome......did Lourdes influence you to do PhD?
I forgot you knew her!! Yes, actually, I talked with her about it some.
I forgot you knew her!! Yes, actually, I talked with her about it some.
We are childhood friends. she lived 4 houses down. we were very close.
Or be like me and be the ultimate overachiever, PGY1, PGY2, and PhD in pharm ad.
you are tireless!
Or be like me and be the ultimate overachiever, PGY1, PGY2, and PhD in pharm ad.
Lol!! You are definitely an overachiever!!! I admire that though🙂 However, I already have a master's in Health Admin, now Pharmacy school, so I really can't see myself doing more than one more year after Pharmacy school🙁 I believe a PGY1 is the most I would be willing to do...at least at this point
I have heard of ambulatory care professors with a PGY-1.
Also, newer schools sometimes hire professors with PGY-1s, if that PGY-1 had a strong teaching component.
So the type of PGY1 shouldn't matter, as long as it has a strong teaching component?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the type of PGY1 shouldn't matter, as long as it has a strong teaching component?
Depends on what you want to do. Cardiology? Probably not, as there are plenty of people out there with PGY-2 in Cardiology. Same for Infectious Disease.
Depends on what you want to do. Cardiology? Probably not, as there are plenty of people out there with PGY-2 in Cardiology. Same for Infectious Disease.
I'm interested in teaching at a Pharmacy school and possibly working in Academic Administration.
A PGY1 followed by an academic fellowship would make you a very attractive candidate.
Or be like me and be the ultimate overachiever, PGY1, PGY2, and PhD in pharm ad.
Or afraid of getting a real job!
Or afraid of getting a real job!
![]()
Quit being jealous. I'll take your job one day old man!
Quit being jealous. I'll take your job one day old man!
Jealous no. You taking my job....I hope so.
Or be like me and be the ultimate overachiever, PGY1, PGY2, and PhD in pharm ad.
Impressive waste of time.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 769
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 569