Suggestion Academic Physician Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you want an Academic Physician Forum?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• No opinion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeniorWrangler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have forums for practicing physicians but none for academics, I think there are a lot of issues facing academic medicine these days that cut across all specialties (declining reimbursement, increasing use of clinical faculty, administration issues, educational issues) that would be very interesting to discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The practicing physician forum isfor both academic and community practice. There is no reason why you can’t disciss academic issues there as many are in academic practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
The practicing physician forum is closed to non-attendings. Would be nice to have a separate forum that residents would be able to ask questions to academics as well (not saying that practicing physican forum should be open to all).

The practicing physician forum is closed to non-attendings. Would be nice to have a separate forum that residents would be able to ask questions to academics as well (not saying that practicing physican forum should be open to all).

I thought this was covered by General Residency Issues and specialty forums?

We have an active General Residency forum in which just such posts can be made (and in which attending academic physicians are available to answer/discuss).

I agree that both the Gen Res and Practicing Physicians forums are sufficient for these purposes. There are plenty of us (academic attendings) that frequent both of them.

Although, TBH, the PP forum has a rather large number of “F you, pay me” folks in it.

I agree that both the Gen Res and Practicing Physicians forums are sufficient for these purposes. There are plenty of us (academic attendings) that frequent both of them.

Although, TBH, the PP forum has a rather large number of “F you, pay me” folks in it.

LOL...is that what you think of us?