Feedback Biased moderation - Podiatry attending forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CutsWithFury

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to file a complaint against moderator @DexterMorganSK who is the podiatry attending moderator. There has been some heated debating/discussion recently in the podiatry attending forum secondary to some threads posted by a podiatrist by the name of Dr. Lee Rogers DPM @diabeticfootdr. He is the president of the American Board of Podiatric Medicine and is creating some controversy in the podiatry profession currently by trying to change the board examination process to obtain surgical privileges at hospitals using the ABPM board certification.

It has really split the profession in half and a lot of people are upset about it. This is a very sensitive issue. I had posted in several of his self created threads objecting to some of his points of view. He is clearly trying to spread his agenda on SDN and nobody is stopping him. I decided to argue some of his points of view. I did not call him names or threaten violence. I question the validity of some his claims. My posts were labeled inflammatory by @DexterMorganSK and some of my posts were deleted and my account was temporarily on hold.

I have to question @DexterMorganSK motivation. I feel that he/she is a podiatrist certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine and not with the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. I feel he/she is favoring Dr. Rogers and allowing him to spread his personal agenda and message unabated on these very public online forums. I don't think it is very fair he gets to do this but anyone who argues his points of view are immediately censored. I do not feel @DexterMorganSK is doing a very good job moderating the forums and I am asking that his moderating be audited.

These forums can't be allowed to be taken over by one poster who is trying to spread a very strong and divisive message throughout the podiatry community currently. I am unsure if he is even allowed to do this being he is the president of a national governing body in podiatry. It seems rather unethical. I welcome any future points of view on this matter.

Members don't see this ad.

For example I’ve been blocked from commenting in the ABFAS/ABPM thread on the podiatry attending forum. It’s the only thread I can’t comment in. This is ridiculous censorship on SDN being done by the moderators. Very biased.

Hello,

I understand you disagree with the moderator decision that was made in this case. After review, the action taken will stand.

Our Terms of Service requires that users treat each other with kindness and respect. What you are representing as "objecting to his points of view" was actually multiple and repeated personal attacks without proof. Our members reasonably expect that they can participate on SDN without being subject to personal attacks, or that if an accusation is made that it must be supported with evidence. This remains a reasonable expectation even when our user is well known within their field in real life. While I can understand that this is a sensitive topic which is of interest within the field, it is always unacceptable to attack other members in this manner.

Your suggestion of bias on the part of our administrator is similarly unfounded and unsupported by any evidence. In this situation he fairly and correctly administered our Terms of Service.

When a user repeatedly violates our Terms of Service in a thread, it is common practice for us to ban them from the thread in question. Your limitation against posting in that thread is also consistent with our current practices. You may request to be reinstated into that thread one month after your last warning which would be on September 8, 2022.

I imagine this is not the outcome you were hoping for, but I hope you understand our decision.

Sincerely,

GoSpursGo
SDN Chief Administrator

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your claims that I made statements without proof are unfounded. I am an attending with deep connections in the profession. I am well aware of what practices other podiatrists are doing as I have colleagues who work with Dr. Rogers or have worked with him. It is fair to comment and provide insight. It's unfair to be labeled personal attacks without proof. I think the level of censorship is outrageous but is consistent with the times of today. I don't apologize for anything. Thanks.

Again, what you are classifying as “comments” or “insight” amount to a personal attack when you’re accusing him of inappropriate practice.

Clearly I don’t think you and our staff are going to see eye to eye on this, but I hope you understand how our TOS will be enforced. At this time I am going to lock this thread as the review of the moderator action has been completed.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.