Academic Violations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubble5687

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have no personal experience with this, but I suppose it's the difference between the letter versus the spirit of the question:

Were you ever the recipient of any action for unacceptable academic performance, or were you ever the recipient of any action for conduct violations by any college or school? *

Though it sounds like the answer is "yes" either way. If it was unofficial, are you willing to live with the possibility of an ADCOM finding out down the line?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't really see how this would be cheating. I mean, if you didn't get the formulas from your friend, couldn't you have just as easily gotten them from your text book? Am I missing something here?

I'm not sure if anyone here will be able to answert that. Why don't you call a few schools that you're applying to and ask them? It can't hurt.

I'm not sure if anyone here will be able to answert that. Why don't you call a few schools that you're applying to and ask them? It can't hurt.

Good advice. Just call a few schools (probably no need to even give your name if you don't want to) and see what they say.

I do respect though that you are taking this so seriously. Obviously you know you messed up and have learned from the mistake. :thumbup:

I sincerely hope that everything works out for you! :)

I would have to ask you if this incident is noted anywhere on your academic record. If not, then don't bother shooting yourself in the foot before you even apply.

I was in a similar situation in college where my frat was disciplined by the university. We were all on probation for a semester but it did not go on our school records. My friends and I had no trouble applying to med/law/dental school without reporting anything.

You can risk it ... but honestly, if this turns up ANYWHERE along the way, you can be dismissed from med school. Is it really worth that stress for the rest of your life, wondering if someone could figure it out at any moment, all for something you've clearly grown from and could easily explain?? Report it, they ask for a reason.

was it documented/reported in your file? you should ask to see it. there's a saying in the medical field. if it wasn't documented, it wasn't done. as for getting into med school. yes there are people with much, much, much worse ethical/criminal mishaps that are in school than cheating. don't be amazed, we're all human. but shamefully, those things happen in med school too. so don't sweat it. you screwed up once, given a second chance, don't do it again

I posted in another thread about my friend who had the same problem, too. They said that it's not on her academic record and she can request for a file termination after she had graduated from her school, which she did. So does she really have to report it on her application even though everything was terminated?

I posted in another thread about my friend who had the same problem, too. They said that it's not on her academic record and she can request for a file termination after she had graduated from her school, which she did. So does she really have to report it on her application even though everything was terminated?

It's your decision ... do you want to risk it or not.