Accelerated Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

legrita

New Mommy
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any other accelerated (3yr) programs other than LECOM?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

You can go to AACP web page at http://www.aacp.org/site/page.asp?TRACKID=&VID=1&CID=693&DID=4747&TrackID=

The above webpage has links to the admission requirements to the different pharmacy programs. Glendale-Midwestern and Massachusettes-Worcester are the other programs I saw listed as being three year.

Also, these programs are really not technically accelerated. For example, during a semester they don't cram 15 weeks of material into 10 weeks. What happens is that you have shorter breaks during Christmas and summer while taking extra classes during the semesters. This is what allows these programs to get finished a year earlier.

I am currently enrolled at LECOM, which is 3 years. Taking a year off a program does add a lot of extra stress but I believe is well worth it. LECOM is a good school with a lot of connections. We shadow pharmacists next semester and the school has agreements with all the hospitals in town to rotate through them (both allopathic and osteopathic). From what I have heard, there is a lot of demand for seats in next years class......