You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
acceptance as a fresh graduate
Started by Scarletina
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes
which schools prefer fresh graduates? what can I do to boost my CV apart from shadowing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sumasundaresan
New Member
No, the admission process has changed significantly. you have to think of three deciding factors. The primary one is the candidate's involvement in public health. Due to political influence, the HEALTH CARE in AMERICA is rapidly switching to preventive medicine from clinical medicine and hence more dentists are of in need ` now to work in public health. The second factor is the level of clinical experience. As community centres are servicing a diverse spectrum of people, they expect applicant with more clinical experience. The fresh graduate could not fulfil this expectation, and hence it would be difficult for getting into dental school in the United States. Boston University which accepts 80 candidates, selects the applicant who graduated more than a decade ago and with a lot of clinical experience. so I would advise you to work in public health centres to get the admission. The third factor is loans. The interest rates are very high for the visa holders, though it has minimal influence in the admission process, it does matters most because most students are unable to get student loans. The experienced applicants who are applying continuously for several cycles are either green card holders or citizen which makes them easier for getting federal loans.
okay, thank you for your response. I would like to ask if doing masters in dentistry in my home country would help?No, the admission process has changed significantly. you have to think of three deciding factors. The primary one is the candidate's involvement in public health. Due to political influence, the HEALTH CARE in AMERICA is rapidly switching to preventive medicine from clinical medicine and hence more dentists are of in need ` now to work in public health. The second factor is the level of clinical experience. As community centres are servicing a diverse spectrum of people, they expect applicant with more clinical experience. The fresh graduate could not fulfil this expectation, and hence it would be difficult for getting into dental school in the United States. Boston University which accepts 80 candidates, selects the applicant who graduated more than a decade ago and with a lot of clinical experience. so I would advise you to work in public health centres to get the admission. The third factor is loans. The interest rates are very high for the visa holders, though it has minimal influence in the admission process, it does matters most because most students are unable to get student loans. The experienced applicants who are applying continuously for several cycles are either green card holders or citizen which makes them easier for getting federal loans.
is it possible to get accepted in any of the DMD program as a fresh graduate?[/QUOTE
There are plenty of fresh grad who gets accepted every year so yes it’s possible
so, did you get in a fresh graduate? can you help me out to boost my CV? @kyunna
so, did you get in a fresh graduate? can you help me out to boost my CV? @kyunna
It’s not me, I just see it on Caapid and know someone who got in
ok, thank you for your responseIt’s not me, I just see it on Caapid and know someone who got in
None of the schools have a preference for fresh graduates, because they wish for a "well rounded candidate". Which means that you need to have experience as well as everything else mentioned in the applicationwhich schools prefer fresh graduates? what can I do to boost my CV apart from shadowing
You absolutely can get accepted, but you need to have something to offer. Please don't have high hopes if you have low GPA. No one will be impressed. And make sure your references are excellent
My GPA is pretty high; I have Passed both exams in first attempts, have an appreciable toefl score, and I have a lot of volunteer work and observership on my profile, all I am asking for is : ways to improve my profile apart from academicsNone of the schools have a preference for fresh graduates, because they wish for a "well rounded candidate". Which means that you need to have experience as well as everything else mentioned in the application
You absolutely can get accepted, but you need to have something to offer. Please don't have high hopes if you have low GPA. No one will be impressed. And make sure your references are excellent
Didn't mean to irritate you. SorryMy GPA is pretty high; I have Passed both exams in first attempts, have an appreciable toefl score, and I have a lot of volunteer work and observership on my profile, all I am asking for is : ways to improve my profile apart from academics
All your stats are pretty good, but not enough, if you come from a country with a lot of candidates. Like India. You, probably, already know that.
Why don't you apply and find a job. If at home - as a dentist, if in US - as an assistant, lab tech and later update your application
You look good on paper and have good chances to get an interview. If I were you, I would get serious help preparing for it and I don't mean bench test. I mean the actual interview
thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it.Didn't mean to irritate you. Sorry
All your stats are pretty good, but not enough, if you come from a country with a lot of candidates. Like India. You, probably, already know that.
Why don't you apply and find a job. If at home - as a dentist, if in US - as an assistant, lab tech and later update your application
You look good on paper and have good chances to get an interview. If I were you, I would get serious help preparing for it and I don't mean bench test. I mean the actual interview
! Am from Africa and have got 2 years experience! What are ny chances?Didn't mean to irritate you. Sorry
All your stats are pretty good, but not enough, if you come from a country with a lot of candidates. Like India. You, probably, already know that.
Why don't you apply and find a job. If at home - as a dentist, if in US - as an assistant, lab tech and later update your application
You look good on paper and have good chances to get an interview. If I were you, I would get serious help preparing for it and I don't mean bench test. I mean the actual interview
Just considering that - good, but not enough. There are a lot of candidates just like you! Am from Africa and have got 2 years experience! What are ny chances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to me, you should try. Don't get demotivated. Each person is unique. There is no clear or perfect profile to get accepted. Each university look for something which no one can decipher. So give it a go.! Am from Africa and have got 2 years experience! What are ny chances?
What is worst? Failure or regret?
You might one day look back and think you should have tried..
All the best.
Sent from my MotoG3 using SDN mobile
I have a question, where are we supposed to write about our CE courses in the ADEA CAAPID application?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 8K