Acceptance Deadlines and Later Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neeky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

I am new to this board and was very impressed with all the info and advice... I have a bit of a problem. I was accepted to three schools and I have interviews at Maryland and Umich later in Feb! So my interview for umich will be way past my deadline for acceptance to the other schools! any advice or inside info on the rules of accepting and possibly pulling out after a better school accepts you etc???

Members don't see this ad.

Well you have to consider what school you really want to go first. If those schools you're interviewing in Feb are your first choices, then you have to either put a deposit on your second or third choice schools. Also check to see if some of those deposits are refundable just in case you change your mind.

I was supposed to have an interview in late Jan. with my first choice school so I called the school to see if I could get on a waiting list just in case someone couldn't make it to the interview. I think I got very lucky because while I was on hold, someone called in to cancel for the following week.

I hope this all works out for you!

Most people in your situation would pay the deposit to secure the bird in the hand knowing that they would have to forfeit the money if they happen to grab one of those nicer birds in the bush at a later date.