acceptance email by accident?!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leia03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an acceptance email from University of Oklahoma on Dec 1st, and a couple days later, received an another email saying that I am on alternate list. I called the admissions, and apparently what happened was that Sally sent me an acceptance email "by accident". :(:rage::rage::rage::rage:

For those who received an acceptance email from University of Oklahoma, you may want to call Sally to confirm your acceptance.
========================================
When I talked to Sally on the phone, she told me that I will receive a written letter indicating I am on alternate list (She was so sure that email acceptance was the only mistake), but today I received an formal written letter of ACCEPTANCE, instead. So official letter of acceptance is another mistake?!:arghh::arghh: I can't believe that Admissions office make such a mistake TWICE!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
woww, im sorry that happened to you :(

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn! That's awful. They should give you an acceptance as an apology.

Reactions: 8 users
:O
Unbelievable.... And for something so sensitive too... I'm sorry man...

Reactions: 1 users
... I'm sorry man...

thats ridiculous man. not cool

boushh2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
damn that sucks :( im sorry

well this is what they can do.
when they send you a real offer, they can throw some scholarship on it as an apology!

What a letdown, but stay strong!

email them, tell them to take you off the alternate list because 1. you dont want to go to a school that cant get their emails right, and 2. your going to get into a much better school.

email them, tell them to take you off the alternate list because 1. you dont want to go to a school that cant get their emails right, and 2. your going to get into a much better school.

Um what? That's not even logical, not to mention "your" should be "you are" :D

Damn! That's awful. They should give you an acceptance as an apology.

Even though it was her mistake, she talked with an attitude, which upsets me more.. on top of that incorrect email and official letter of acceptance..after all these, I deserve more than an acceptance. ha

Even though it was her mistake, she talked with an attitude, which upsets me more.. on top of that incorrect email and official letter of acceptance..after all these, I deserve more than an acceptance. ha

That's horrible! I wouldn't take it personally though. She's prob embarrassed for what she did so she's trying to be defensive about it now.

Was this your #1 choice? Because if this is how they treat their people, I'd hate to put up with that for four years. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the other schools I contact. I'm so sorry this happened to you though :(

Ahh, a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Right. The new standard is that if one receives an acceptance in error, it wipes out all the strikes against the applicant (low gpa/dat, poor ps/lors not to mention the social graces of Shrek) one automatically becomes qualified for an acceptance with a full ride.

(ಠ_ಠ) I've had a nightmare about this. I'm so sorry!

Man that sucks! I hope you hear good news back though soon cuz that mistake should't have occurred in the first place.

Ahh, a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Right. The new standard is that if one receives an acceptance in error, it wipes out all the strikes against the applicant (low gpa/dat, poor ps/lors not to mention the social graces of Shrek) one automatically becomes qualified for an acceptance with a full ride.

Guess you decided to overlook the "ha" remark. Obviously OP doesn't really believe it him/herself so tone down the sarcasm a bit.

Did they change your portal status to waitlisted or did it say "offer made" as well?? That is crazy! I was accepted into the University of Oklahoma and seeing this really worries me ha. But I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope things work out for you!

Maybe you can call again to check. It seems strange that they would offer you admission by email AND mail but insist that you were on the alternate list.