Acceptance into UIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarbonFX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what kind of a shot do I have to get accepted into UIC?

Stats
3.78 prepharmacy GPA
419 SS 79 PR Composite PCAT
Began volunteering at the animal shelter recently
Work in retail

Members don't see this ad.

GPA is pretty good, PCAT is around avg I think you may.

As noted by the person before me, your GPA is good but your PCAT is below average. Equally important is when you apply since UIC has now implemented some sort of rolling admissions.

if you're from out-of-state, you fare better since there are less out-of-state individuals applying

Members don't see this ad :)
So the earlier I apply the better off I am? I plan on sending my application in today. How long does it take to receive a response if anyone knows by any chance? Just a question, how do they weigh volunteer experience is it very significant? Do the letters of recommendation also play a large role in the admission process? How is leadership determined?

So the earlier I apply the better off I am? I plan on sending my application in today.
Yes, they are filling in seats as we speak, and the sooner you apply, the more seats there are available.

How long does it take to receive a response if anyone knows by any chance?
Seems like it takes about 2 weeks from the other UIC thread on here, but it'll vary for each person.

Just a question, how do they weigh volunteer experience is it very significant? Do the letters of recommendation also play a large role in the admission process? How is leadership determined?
I can't answer the last question, but UIC ranks LORs quite high. They are very much about getting to know the applicant's personality and who they are as a person in other people's eyes. Volunteer experience and leadership are both also important; they like to see consistency versus a one-time experience.

You may want to check out University of Illinois, Chicago

Just got accepted to UIC. I'm from out-of-state (AZ) - does anyone here have an idea of what it takes to become an in-state resident for tuition purposes? Is this feasible?