Acceptance Rate vs. # of Schools Applied

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the page where it shows the number of schools people applied to and the acceptance rate?

For Example: Applied to 5 schools - accepted to 3 schools, etc...

I remember seeing it once, but I can't find it. I need it for a statistics project if anyone can help.

Members don't see this ad.

It's on the AACP site.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like one will be accepted to at best 4 schools no matter how many one applies. Why did I bother to apply to 10 then? Complete waste of money and time

I can't believe that somebody applied to 45 Pharmcas schools (possibly more, if they bothered with non-Pharmcas).

It seems like one will be accepted to at best 4 schools no matter how many one applies. Why did I bother to apply to 10 then? Complete waste of money and time

I applied to 12. In my case I stopped going to interviews once I got into a top choice....so that probably has a bearing on the acceptance ratio.

I remember looking at this before and realizing that at least for applying to 1-10 schools, you have about a 30% chance of getting in to at least one school regardless of how many you apply to.

Of course, a person who applies to 45 schools probably has pretty bad stats, whereas someone who only applies to 1 or 2 probably is pretty confident in their scores. Also, ageldred makes a good point - I applied to 3 schools but after I got my acceptance to my first choice I didn't bother finishing the secondary or going to the interview for the other schools. I might have gotten in 3/3 if I would have finished the application process, but the stats will show that I initially applied to 3 and only got accepted to 1.

I'd say anything over 10 schools is overkill and also I am jealous of those who have thousands of dollars to spend just applying to school. How about only apply to 44 instead of 45 and send me that extra $100 or so?