Acceptance Stats for Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. GPAs: C: 2.75 and S: 2.96
2. MCAT Score: 496
3. Shadowing hours & ECs:
-100+ shadowing spine surgeon, PM&R, podiatrists, EM
-Volunteer: hospital, nursing homes, free clinics
-Jobs: tutor, customer service, instructor, scribe, research
4. # of programs applied to: Kent
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered:
Kent
Kent visit was nice and I like how it was close to the city. Facilities looked great. Interview wasn't bad and I got grilled for my grades but I think they liked how I answered all the other questions lol. Students were very informative about certain classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
1. cGPA: 3.75, sGPA: 3.3
2. 494
3. 20-25 hours between two DPMs, not much ECs. I was an athletic training student in college so most of my time after class was spent at clinical rotations. But I did manage small amounts of volunteer opportunities such as blood drives and 5ks
4. Scholl, AZPOD, DMU
5. Interviews offered at all three only went to Scholls interview because they accepted me two weeks after and it was my first choice
6. Scholl

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Did you end up hearing back from Scholl?
It seems like they were holding my app because of a class I didn't take. After I reached out I got an interview the next day (this was over 3 months after I applied). Ended up not going because already decided with Barry!

Members don't see this ad :)
cGPA 3.36, sGPA 3.20
MCAT: 495 (126, 122,124,123)
Pod: ~150 hours as of right now (working as a MA/scribe/receptionist in a pod office)
~700 hours undergrad research, ~130 hospital volunteering, 4 clubs (2 of which I had a leadership position), minors in Chemistry and Art History
Applied to Temple, NYCPM and Kent
Offered interviews at all, declined interview at Kent
Accepted: Temple (5k), NYCPM (not sure yet)
Attending: Temple
Hi did you receive any word yet? I have very similar stats.

Hey everyone!
I have an interview with Kent in a few weeks. Does anyone have advice regarding the interview process?

I took you guy's advice. Applied, was verified so quickly, that the very same day I got an interview invite from Kent. My AACPMAS GPA calculation was higher than I anticipated.
CGPA: 3.4
SGPA: 3.2
MCAT: 492
Pod shadowing and varieties of paid health care experience.
Interview: Kent
Accepted to Kent today!

My question for those that has been accepted to Kent. Will they send us some acceptance package with more info? I only got an email from Dr. Boike about my acceptance, nothing else...in terms of deposit etc. Thanks!

I have an interview with Kent in a fews weeks. Do you have any advice regarding the interview process?:)

1. GPAs:
cGPA: 3.68
sGPA: 3.53
Grad GPA: 3.0
2. MCAT Score
130 hours of podiatry shadowing & shadowed 3 podiatrist
4. # of programs applied to:
Kent, Scholl, DMU, WesternU and Barry
5. Programs accepted to:
Interview offers for all
Accepted & Interviewed at Barry and Kent. Declined Interview to the other three.
6. Attending program:
Kent State. I absolutely loved that school. I was also offered scholarship.

Hello!!
1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci): c: 3.43 (still in undergrad so could be higher!) sci: 3.21
2. MCAT Score: 493
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 50 pod hours, sorority and dance team leadership, over 100 volunteering hours, 50 research hours, and over 200 shadowing MD hours
4. # of programs applied to: 4 NYCPM, Barry, WesternU, and RFU all invited for interviews
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: accepted into Barry (10K) and WesternU waiting on reply from Scholl
most likely going to cancel my interview at NYC
6. Attending program: not sure wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to decide!

1. GPAs: cGPA - 3.2 sGPA - 3.15
2. MCAT Score: 515
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 300 Hours shadowing combination of Podiatrist, General Surgeon, Neurosurgeon, Internist
3000+ Hours Research, 7 Pubs and 2 Presentations, 2 Filed Patents
600+ Hours Tutoring, Hospital Volunteering, Community Volunteering, American Red Cross, etc.
1000+ Hours Training in Pharmaceutical Industry Research and Development
Currently finishing B.S/M.S program in Chemistry
4. # of programs applied to: 5 Programs - NYCPM, TUSPM, Kent, AZPOD, Barry - Received interview invites at all programs, chose to only attend interviews at Kent, NYCPM, TUSPM in that order
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Accepted to Kent, NYCPM, TUSPM, Full Scholarship at all locations.
6. Attending program: NYCPM Class of 2024

*** One thing i forgot to add, I never submitted a rec letter from a podiatrist and I got acceptances to the above mentioned schools, not sure if its an oversight or what, but w/e

So a quick update on my application cycle. I applied to MD/DO/Pod schools concurrently and while waiting for MD/DO Decisions I've been sitting on my pod acceptance at NYCPM. Although I paid a deposit and confirmed my seat to attend, I'll be withdrawing my seat from NYCPM since I've been accepted to a DO school. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
So a quick update on my application cycle. I applied to MD/DO/Pod schools concurrently and while waiting for MD/DO Decisions I've been sitting on my pod acceptance at NYCPM. Although I paid a deposit and confirmed my seat to attend, I'll be withdrawing my seat from NYCPM since I've been accepted to a DO school. Good luck to everyone!

That's awesome. Congrats and all the best! :clap:

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I am happy for all of you who have been accepted and for those applying, good luck! As for me, I unreluctantly became a non-traditional student (wanted to go med straight off undergrad --- but as you'll see, that didn't happen) but in the end, I was finally accepted :p

Here's my beautiful underdog stats:

1. cGPA: 3.37 (Undergrad & Graduate - #MostAverageApplicantEver)
sGPA: 3.30
2. MCAT: 487 (3rd time oof)

3. Shadowing hours: 100 (podiatry, orthopaedics, internal medicine, primary care-osteopathy, anesthesiology)
Per diem Medical Assistant for 2 years at a Level II Trauma Center
Per diem Medical Scribe for 1 year at Level II Emergency Department
Clinical hours: 1150
Completed a Special Masters Program at a DO school
Anthropology Research for 1 year
Study / volunteer abroad in 2 countries
Executive Board officer for 2 organizations during undergrad

4. 2018-2019 Cycle: Applied to bunch of DO programs, Kent, Temple, and NYCPM
Waitlisted at LMU-DCOM and Kent
2019-2020 Cycle: Applied to Kent and Western

5. Accepted at Kent, withdrew app from Western
6. Going to Kent!!! Yay~

Hey!! Congrats! Did NYCPM ever respond?

Members don't see this ad :)
Aww thanks! And nope! Their loss though cuz what matters for them it seems like is STATS more than the person as a whole.
Wow I didnt know that schools can choose not to answer you... Scary as their my top choice

Wow I didnt know that schools can choose not to answer you... Scary as their my top choice

They don't have to answer; you can email them and ask post-interview but since the current cycle is still open, they might send out the rejections closer to June. In this case, the user above had a low MCAT score than what NYCPM accepts (usually 490s+).

Reactions: 1 user
Aww thanks! And nope! Their loss though cuz what matters for them it seems like is STATS more than the person as a whole.
487 on your 3rd try......I genuinely congratulate you on getting in.

But you can't blame other schools for saying no to that.

There's no excuse for that score.

Reactions: 5 users
3rd time taking MCAT and still score at the bottom 10 percentile, unless you have a severe learning disability, I do not think there is any other acceptable explanations for this.

On average...how long does it take to hear back for an interview invite after apps are submitted?

3rd time taking MCAT and still score at the bottom 10 percentile, unless you have a severe learning disability, I do not think there is any other acceptable explanations for this.

You must be one of those people that don't get invited to parties huh. Shame that you can't just keep that to yourself. There are people with high MCAT scores who don't get into medical school so yea, it's a toss up. But I appreciate that an institution believed in my capabilities illustrated elsewhere. Cheers, to you friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!!! You are obviously an accomplished individual with a lot to offer based on your biography. I am sure you will do great in podiatry
school:)

1. GPAc: 3.4, GPAs: 3.6
2. MCAT - 497
3. Lots of shadowing, research, community outreach, medical experience, 4 letters of rec. I have a very well rounded application.
4. Applied to all programs
5. Invited to interview at all programs, but only chose to interview at Kent and Barry. Accepted at both schools. Barry offered 15k, Kent offered 7.5k scholarship
6. I'm having a really hard time choosing between Barry/Kent. I had to cancel other interviews since I'm already having a hard time deciding between those 2 schools. If anyone has any input over Barry or Kent, feel free to voice your opinion haha.

Congrats!! Make your decision by calculating the total cost of education (including living expenses), the state where you may want to do a residency in, and if either campus closer to home/family, etc.

15K from barry seems good; and although they had a lower pass % on part 1 in the past, I think they are doing well now.

Hi!
Hello!!
1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci): c: 3.43 (still in undergrad so could be higher!) sci: 3.21
2. MCAT Score: 493
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 50 pod hours, sorority and dance team leadership, over 100 volunteering hours, 50 research hours, and over 200 shadowing MD hours
4. # of programs applied to: 4 NYCPM, Barry, WesternU, and RFU all invited for interviews
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: accepted into Barry (10K) and WesternU waiting on reply from Scholl
most likely going to cancel my interview at NYC
6. Attending program: not sure wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to decide!

Hi! Are you still looking for more info? I’m a first year at WesternU and would love to share my experience so far if you are interested.

1. GPAs cGPA: 3.32 sGPA: 3.33
2. MCAT Score 509
200 hours shadowing neurology outpatient, 16 hours shadowing DPM outpatient, 2 years of medical scribing for ENT
4. # of programs applied to:
4 SMU, WesternU, Barry, Midwestern
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered
SMU, 5k scholarship (offered interview at the other three, declined as I was accepted to SMU quickly)
6. Attending program:
SMU

1. GPAs cGPA: 3.32 sGPA: 3.33
2. MCAT Score 509
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 200 hours shadowing neurology outpatient, 16 hours shadowing DPM outpatient, 2 years of medical scribing for ENT
4. # of programs applied to: 4 SMU, WesternU, Barry, Midwestern
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered SMU, 5k scholarship (offered interview at the other three, declined as I was accepted to SMU quickly)
6. Attending program: SMU
What happened between 2017 and now?

What happened between 2017 and now?

The house my wife and I were renting was sold out from under us around the cycle open of 2017 which ate up most of our funds that were allocated to applications. Some other varies things happened in 2018 that required a postponement as well, but that isn't something I'll be getting into here. What's more interesting is what happened between me graduating HS in 1999 and graduating a BS program in 2017.

The house my wife and I were renting was sold out from under us around the cycle open of 2017 which ate up most of our funds that were allocated to applications. Some other varies things happened in 2018 that required a postponement as well, but that isn't something I'll be getting into here. What's more interesting is what happened between me graduating HS in 1999 and graduating a BS program in 2017.

Go get it.

Best of luck to you.

Hi! I'm currently in the application cycle, and I was wondering how long it took for Des Moines to come back with a decision after the interview (for those who interviewed at Des Moines)?

Just wondering, how long does it usually take to hear back from schools after interview? I have a couple interviews in the next couple weeks and am curious how long it usually takes for an acceptance/rejection.

anywhere from a week to a month

Just wondering, how long does it usually take to hear back from schools after interview? I have a couple interviews in the next couple weeks and am curious how long it usually takes for an acceptance/rejection.

Took me exactly 1 week for Kent.

1. GPAs: cGPA 3.51 sGPA3.3
2. MCAT 498
3. Shadowing Hours and EC’s- over 200 hours shadowing DO/MD, 20 hours shadowing DPM, 1 year working as a nursing assistant in local hospital, teaching assistant and tutor at my undergraduate institution, 2 undergrad research projects, member and Captain of football team
4. # of programs applied to: 1 Kent
5. Accepted at Kent with a 5,000 scholarship
6. Will be attending Kent

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if NYCPM is still accepting applications for this cycle? Also do you need to have shadowed a podiatrist?? I was suppose to but couldn’t because of COVID.

Are you 100% sure you want to jump to podiatry after finding out you were waitlisted at LECOM 2 days ago?
You also have not been able to shadow a DPM and see what they do.

DPM is not a replacement for DO. Your specialty is locked in the day you start school.

Just need you to realize this before you jump into it.

And yes, most schools are still accepting applications. If you use the search function, you will be able to see when cycle deadlines are as well as pre-reqs, LORs, etc.

Are you 100% sure you want to jump to podiatry after finding out you were waitlisted at LECOM 2 days ago?

DPM is not a replacement for DO. Your specialty is locked in the day you start school.

And yes, most schools are still accepting applications. If you use the search function, you will be able to see when cycle deadlines are as well as pre-reqs, LORs, etc.
Just asking for my friend! Thankyou for the concern though I am 100%!

Hi! Thankyou for your concern, but my friend also uses my account and this question was directed at her. I love DO and will do anything to get into DO school!!

Just asking for my friend! Thankyou for the concern though I am 100%!

Hi! Thankyou for your concern, but my friend also uses my account and this question was directed at her. I love DO and will do anything to get into DO school!!
Good luck with DO school!

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci): GPAc: 3.6, GPAs: 3.4
2. MCAT Score: 491
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 12 hours Shadowing, 200 hours hospital volunteering, and various community service volunteering.
4. # of programs applied to: Barry, DMU, Kent, and Temple
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: Barry - $10,000+
6. Attending program: Barry!

Reactions: 3 users
1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci): GPAc: 3.6, GPAs: 3.3
2. MCAT Score: 499
3. Shadowing hours & ECs: 14 hours Shadowing Pod, lots of hospital volunteering and shadowing, and leadership positions
6. Attending program: Scholl!

1. GPAs: 3.92, 3.89 (science)
2. MCAT Score: Cancelled (May 16) was scoring around 500 on practice exams
3. Shadowing hours: >600 hrs as podiatry scribe, 2 different DPMs
4. # of programs applied to: 4 (NYCPM, Barry, Western, Samuel Merritt)
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: all 4, ($7,000 Western, $20,000/yr Barry)
6. Attending program: Either Barry or Western

Reactions: 7 users
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered: all 4, ($7,000 Western, $20,000/yr Barry)
Congrats, that's a tough decision to make.

Congrats, that's a tough decision to make.

I'd follow the money.

@somebodysedateme, @hgreen45, @conmegalous, @jackietrevi, and anyone else applying/accepted/deposited to Scholl, if you guys have any questions let me know! I am a first year there and absolutely love Scholl. Awesome program to be at. Great professors, great community, lots of support for their students. Being in an interprofessional environment with different medical profession students such as PT, PA, MD, Pharm, etc, is an awesome way to build all your future relationships with these providers.

Would you say the transition from California to Chicago is too difficult ? What can someone do to adjust to the environment?

Would you say the transition from California to Chicago is too difficult ? What can someone do to adjust to the environment?
I'm from San Diego and moved to Chicago a year ago - going to Scholl in the Fall.

I personally didn't find the adjustment difficult. While yes it is cold, you are inside so much of the time and I personally think buildings here are better heat regulated than in California.

The weather sucks but honestly,, you are going to be studying during the worst months. Summers are amazing and there is so much to do in the city (I live in the city and will be enduring a commute due to my husband's work). I miss mountains but there are so many parks and other nature activities around and the lake front is probably busier than a typical beach day in San Diego. Honestly to get used to the environment get some good shoes that are waterproof, some wool socks, and good gloves. Layers will be your friend. It is 100% manageable.

1. GPAc: 3.00, GPAs: 3.5. horrible freshman year :(
2. MCAT: 489, second attempt canceled 5/30
3. 40 hrs pod shadowing; 30 hours shadowing MD trauma surgeon ~500 hours of chief research associate position; 2 presentations at research symposium 100 hours mentor for foster teen, 300 hours emergency room volunteer, nonclinical work, study abroad

4. Applied to all 9
5. Rejected at Temple immediately. Interviewed at Barry, CSPM, WesternU. Declined interview at Scholl due to Waitlist.
6. Waitlisted at Barry but got a 10k scholarship?? :thinking: Accepted to CSPM with 5k scholarship, Accepted to WesternU

Attending WesternU! :happy:

Hope this helps! I was really nervous about my stats but I think my personal statement helped convince admissions that podiatry is the career for me. Have a good reason why podiatry. I was asked this on all my interviews!!

1. GPAc: 3.00, GPAs: 3.5. horrible freshman year :(
2. MCAT: 489, second attempt canceled 5/30
3. 40 hrs pod shadowing; 30 hours shadowing MD trauma surgeon ~500 hours of chief research associate position; 2 presentations at research symposium 100 hours mentor for foster teen, 300 hours emergency room volunteer, nonclinical work, study abroad

4. Applied to all 9
5. Rejected at Temple immediately. Interviewed at Barry, CSPM, WesternU. Declined interview at Scholl due to Waitlist.
6. Waitlisted at Barry but got a 10k scholarship?? :thinking: Accepted to CSPM with 5k scholarship, Accepted to WesternU

Attending WesternU! :happy:

Hope this helps! I was really nervous about my stats but I think my personal statement helped convince admissions that podiatry is the career for me. Have a good reason why podiatry. I was asked this on all my interviews!!
Hi, thanks for sharing. I have some pretty similar stats minus the hundreds of hours of research (I have about 80-100). How was the interview process with those stats? Did they grill you on some grades and MCAT score? Additionally, Barry is pretty high up of where I would like to apply, so I am curious as to how that experience was as well if you do not mind sharing. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for sharing. I have some pretty similar stats minus the hundreds of hours of research (I have about 80-100). How was the interview process with those stats? Did they grill you on some grades and MCAT score? Additionally, Barry is pretty high up of where I would like to apply, so I am curious as to how that experience was as well if you do not mind sharing. Thanks!

Barry definitely grilled me on my mcat score and grades. CSPM and WesternU just on grades. Have a "mature" answer on why you did poorly in some semesters, what you did to turn things around, and most important, what you learned from it. There will be future bumps in the road in graduate school. Interestingly, all the schools asked how I relieve stress and manage my time and now that I'm thinking about it, having an awesome answer for this is super important. From what I believe, Podiatry school is HARD, so the ability and skill to manage stress levels are vital. Definitely easier said than done. Out of all the interviews, Barry was definitely the hardest.

I would have loved to attend Barry, but I die in humidity. Also they have some faculty podiatrists working for the Miami Heat.

Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci) 3.3 science, 3.5 overall ( 3.7/3.7 over final 90 credits)
2. MCAT Score 509
3. Shadowing hours & ECs research 50 hr, 1000+ paid healthcare hours, 100 healthcare volunteer hours, 4 year athlete, 500 hours community service through athletic coaching.
4. # of programs applied to
Scholl, Barry, temple, NYCPM - did not interview at Scholl
All with some scholarship
6. Attending - Barry
--Faculty and campus were very nice, Miami weather is unbeatable, and a lot of great hospitals in the area for future clerkships.

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci) 3.3 science, 3.5 overall ( 3.7/3.7 over final 90 credits)
2. MCAT Score 509
3. Shadowing hours & ECs research 50 hr, 1000+ paid healthcare hours, 100 healthcare volunteer hours, 4 year athlete, 500 hours community service through athletic coaching.
4. # of programs applied to
Scholl, Barry, temple, NYCPM - did not interview at Scholl
All with some scholarship
6. Attending - Barry --Faculty and campus were very nice, Miami weather is unbeatable, and a lot of great hospitals in the area for future clerkships.

great stats; Congrats and best of luck!