acceptance w/o oat scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ariel winter

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone in the past received acceptance from a school w/o the school having recieved their oat scores (1st time scores)? if so, which school and what were your stats?

thanks!
 
I have a friend who was accepted to PCO last year without her OAT scores. She actually didn't even take the test until feb. I don't really know what her stats were as far as gpa and test scores, but she ended up going there and really enjoys it.
 
SUNY also gave me a provisional acceptance w/o OAT scores. My pre-req gpa worked out to something around a 3.0, but I'm a non-trad, so my interview/essays helped me a lot I think.
 
ariel winter said:
has anyone in the past received acceptance from a school w/o the school having recieved their oat scores (1st time scores)? if so, which school and what were your stats?

thanks!

I was accepted to SCCO w/o my OAT scores being released. They have changed their admissions criteria a bit since then placing a bit more emphasis on the interview and a little less on grades I believe. I don't remember my exact OAT score. It wasn't perfect but it was above average. I think they liked my interview and I had a high GPA. Hope that helps.