Acceptance Worries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aadd12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am currently finishing up my ADEA application and have allowed myself to become increasingly nervous about receiving an interview or acceptance due to a "red flag" on my resume. Three years ago (my freshman year of undergrad), I was involved in group activity that resulted in damage to dormitory ceiling tiles. This was documented by my school as vandalism and is something that I don't think I should try to hide on my resume. I have average academic scores (3.44 GPA/ 19AA), and really feel like that one poor decision is going to be the deal breaker for my acceptance. Has anyone heard of/been in a situation like this?
I don't think it's something admissions will see or you need to report.

This was documented by my school

If its not on your academic transcript then you're fine. If it wasn't documented by the public police/authorities I doubt it would turn up on a background check -- but i'm no expert on the matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Put it on the applications and stop worrying, it's not like you burned down the science building because of a bad test score. Freshmen tend to be stupid and do stupid things at times. As long as that is all that is on there, they probably won't blink an eye. They might ask about it in an interview, just be truthful, repentant and move on.

I am currently finishing up my ADEA application and have allowed myself to become increasingly nervous about receiving an interview or acceptance due to a "red flag" on my resume. Three years ago (my freshman year of undergrad), I was involved in group activity that resulted in damage to dormitory ceiling tiles. This was documented by my school as vandalism and is something that I don't think I should try to hide on my resume. I have average academic scores (3.44 GPA/ 19AA), and really feel like that one poor decision is going to be the deal breaker for my acceptance. Has anyone heard of/been in a situation like this?

Ask for your official record....

And if it is there,

Ask if that record is shared with other organizations... It could be there but not shared....

Ask that school first.....

You should of been on top of this before!