ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Crimson,

I didn't mean to give the impression that I had been accepted to OHSU yet (knock on wood). I called them today and they haven't begun sending out many letters to in-state residents (at least that's what she said). I thought the school was a bit run down, although the clinic was pretty nice (pretty new I think), but really wide open without even cubicle type spacers. I really like the Portland area, although it rains a lot. They are going to be raising tuition next year and charge for the summer sessions. I guess they lost a bunch of state funding. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them. Oh yeah, my stats are: 3.3 gpa, 20/20 dat, some research with an upcoming publication.

Members don't see this ad.

Adding one for U of Michigan....
Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (9)
Columbia U. (6)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (4)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Illinois-Chicago (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (2)
U. of Michigan (3)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (1)
U. of Pennsylvania (7)
U. of Pacific (7)
U. of Pittsburgh (1)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (7)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (2)
UCSF (1)

Adding one more for Mich. as well! :)

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (9)
Columbia U. (6)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (4)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (2)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (1)
U. of Pennsylvania (7)
U. of Pacific (7)
U. of Pittsburgh (1)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (7)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (2)
UCSF (1)

Members don't see this ad :)
Lin,

Hey congrats! Do you know where you are going next year? I'm still waiting for couple of schools and hopefully I will hear from them before Christmas. Good luck!!!!

Adding another UCLA!! Didn't think I'd get in as on out-of-state, esp. not this early! I'm very excited 'cause I loved 'LA during my visit, but now I'm REALLY torn b/w UNC & UCLA, about 60-40...I've never lived in Cali, I'm an east coast baby, so I'm a little hesitant about jumping into Hollywood! Anyone know for sure if they're going there??

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (9)
Columbia U. (6)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (4)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (2)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (1)
U. of Pennsylvania (7)
U. of Pacific (7)
U. of Pittsburgh (1)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (7)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (3)
UCSF (1)

Hi,
I interviewed at Uconn and I am on the waiting list. Unfortunately more than half of the students in the class are from out of state. So far on this forum everyone that was accepted to Uconn has been from out of state. My number one choice is Uconn since it is my state school and because I want to practice in CT and don't want the hassle of taking numerous boards after graduation. Unfortunatly for me, the out of state public schools that I have applied to have mentioned that obtaining in state residency status when accepted would be near impossible. So if you have gotten into Uconn and your home state school, please go to your home state school, for my sake? Thanks.

Thebeyonder.....I'll be mailing out my declines this Friday, including UConn...hope that'll help u! You're right, I've noticed that all the UConn folks have been out of state so far....hmm...

The very best of luck to you waiting.
Thank you so much.
Tim

Pakgirl,

Dont lose hope about houston yet if youre still considering it. well, did you call and ask if you were admitted or not?

at baylor i remember that they sit in assigned seats and for test or quiz days they alternate their seats. i think i mentioned the windows, but if not they make the labs and operatories brighter. they had TVs in the clinics and the operatories all had new chairs. they were remodeling the orthodontics department (it might have been another dept), which is good because other schools just talk about what theyre planning. they were actually doing something. ummmmm....everything is sterilized for you (which is the case in most dental schools i think) oh, they curve most if not all tests. im sure you remember but the cafeteria was pretty good, close and lotsa variety. thats all off the top of my head but if theyres something else you need to know, just ask.

Thebeyonder,
Hang in there. Since you got a pre Dec-1 interview and you are a state resident I would say that the odds are on your side. You have likely seen the UCONN web site: Class of 40 typically composed of 1/2 to 1/3 state residents. Going by the stats there will be 20 to 13 spots available just for you. They also send out about 100 acceptances for 40 spots which means there will be about 60 spots that eventually reopen for folks on the waiting list.

Thebeyonder,

I know that OHSU sends out most of their out of state acceptances first, then sends out in-state acceptances later. Perhaps UConn is the same way? Good luck.

hey caligirl,
I am not sure where i'll be going... torn between UCSF, UCLA, and UOP. what about you?

and waiting, UCLA is definitely one of my top choice schools too... i am from california but near san francisco, so L.A. will be different for me too. The Westwood area around UCLA is very nice though... it's safe and the weather's good. UCLA's also pass/fail, so to me that's a definite plus... hope that helps!

hey lin,

yes, UCLA is technically pass/fail but they still have "E" for honors and I recall one of the women there telling us that near the end of 4th yr. they calculate everyone's class standing based upon how many "E"s you received and also on how well you did in general....she said that while your transcript says pass/fail for a course your grade still gets recorded and that's used by the dean's office when determining your rank fourth yr....so...it may be pass/fail in name but in reality you're still getting graded and ranked.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi waiting,

i'm 99% sure i will go to UCLA next year. i'm from the SF bay area too, and it would be my first experience living in LA. Westwood is a really nice area, the school is prestigious. I think it would be a good place to learn dentistry. just my 2 cents...

-wasabi007

Hi waiting and wasabi,
i'm still confused between UCSF and UCLA... what do you guys think?

and waiting, I also heard about the EPR's (excellent performance report) that the top 5% of the class gets. It kind of sucks b/c it doesn't eliminate competition (it might even make it more competitive). But i know that in some classes (like histology), if you get above 90% in the class, you get an EPR. I still think the P/F system is better than grades because although the school records your grades, it only says P/F or EPR on your transcript.. maybe that's why it may be somewhat easier to get into specialty school? UCLA is known to get their students into specialty programs. just my two cents :)

hey guys,

check out the post made by a UCLA student in the past:

Dentaldogg
Member # 4476
posted January 15, 2001 04:52 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am currently a UCLA dental student. I think UCLA is an excellent school. It was my first choice when I was applying and I have no regrets coming here. I believe we have a very well rounded curriculum. We do not take classes with the med students, but instead we take the same classes taught by the same professors, with an emphasis on dentistry in addition to our dental classes. You get a very early clinical experience, as I was assisting since my first quarter (UCLA is on the quarter system) and did my first operative procedure (drill and fill with amalgam) on a patient fall of my second year.
The program has a very good reputation and many people specialize. The price is also great if you are a Ca resident. I think the total tuition with living expenses is under $110k ($90k less than some private schools). These things also make it very competitive to get into. My class' average GPA was about 3.6 and DAT was 21.

How the professors treat you depends on the professor. Some of them are extremely nice, while some can be hard on you...but I still respect them.

There are really only a couple things that I would say are bad about the school. The preclinical lab is very old, although it is planned to be remodeled into one those nice simulation labs within the next couple years (I don't know when you are applying). On the other hand the clinic is brand new and very nice as it was finished being completely redone only 1 year ago. The only other thing is that the workload is very large, as sometimes I feel like they try to teach us absolutely everything by taking every medical school class and teaching us every aspect of dentistry (one quarter you take 13 classes!-although the average for the first two years is about 9. Anyway, sorry if I went on too much, but if you get accepted, I think it is a great school for it offers every oportunity no matter where your interests in dentistry lie.

--------------------------------------------------

sounded pretty appealing to me...honestly, i don't know how UCLA and UCSF really compare in terms of reputation/quality. however, i like UCLA better because I got the impression that it was a more well-rounded school. UCSF, from what I've heard (not sure if it's true) seems to be too research oriented to me. i don't know if this helps at all.

-wasabi007

hey wasabi and lin...

thanx for all the feedback on ucla...I think it's really starting to boil down to an issue of finances for me though, so I thought I'd get your $.02....

With living expenses & everything, UCLA would cost me about 150K over the 4 years (i'd be an out of state 1st yr.) while UNC would be 85-90K.
Now, if this were it, I'd definitely go to UCLA...but, I have about 80K in loans already from my 2 yrs. in med school to factor in, so my total burden at the end of 4 yrs. at UCLA would be 240K or so, and 165-170K or so at UNC......however, I REALLY plan on specializing, so do u think this ridiculous loan total for UCLA would be worth it or would I be putting myself in an insurmountable hole of debt???

Hey guys!

I've missed this board -- I've been travellig and going through internet/email withdraw. :)

Last night my dad called and told me that I got the letter from UCLA- I'm in! :) We must get mail later in TX. So now, I'm kind of in the same position as waiting - go to my own state school and save money, or slurge and go to UCLA? I'm thinking about flying back out there and checking out the campus/city more before I make any final decisions.

I am burnt out -- interviewing and flying to a couple of places in the same week can be a lot harder on you than you might expect. Thankfully, I think I'm done. Tonight I'm flying home on the red-eye, and tomorrow I have a final to take. :p

happy holidays! :)
ricegirl

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (9)
Columbia U. (6)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (4)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (2)
U. of Michigan (3)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (1)
U. of Pennsylvania (7)
U. of Pacific (7)
U. of Pittsburgh (1)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (7)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (3)
UCSF (1)

Hey Waiting and Ricegirl,

I'll throw in my $0.02, if you don't mind!! Just remember, we're investing into our education as well as our "FUN for FOUR years"!! I'm confident that no matter where you decide to go for next year, you'll get a great education, but NEVER forget the fun factor!! Money is an issue, but think about it we spend money daily to have fun, whether it's shopping, out to eat, or travelling! FOUR years of dental school, don't sacrafice your first choice just because of additional $50K are added to your debt! Knowing the dental profession as well as I do, if we have fun and kick butt in school, that additional $50-100K in debt will not only be worth it, but it will be paid off in no time!!

Personally I know I won't let financial debt dictate my choice of school especially if that one expensive school is my first choice and I know that I would have a BLAST there! To close, now that you're in for fall 2002, think where you'll have the most fun!! And if that "FUN" costs you more $$$, it's worth it!!!

Oh, little about me, I'm not in yet for fall 2002, I just submitted my AADSAS like 10 days ago!! I'm so excited for you guys!!
:p

thanks YeahZ!! I think I really needed to hear that, a good reminder and way to put things in perspective too.....Keep us posted on how things develop for u!

Congrats Ricegirl! Like u said, now ur in the same boat as moi...got into your own great state school(s) but now torn by the bright lights & palm tress of SoCal..and the ucla name doesn't hurt too....whad'ya think of la? seriously considering it? i still am....

:rolleyes:

Adding one to Ohio State. Go Bucks!!!

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (9)
Columbia U. (6)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (4)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (2)
U. of Michigan (3)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (7)
U. of Pacific (7)
U. of Pittsburgh (1)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (7)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (3)
UCSF (1)

Adding UPenn, UCLA, Maryland, Columbia, Indiana, Michigan, UOP, and Tufts

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (9)
Columbia U. (7)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (4)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (8)
U. of Pacific (8)
U. of Pittsburgh (1)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1)[/QB][/QUOTE]

:)

Hey waiting and ricegirl,
I totally feel for you guys... do you stay in your state and save money, or do you go out of state and spend a lot more? I guess when it boils down to it, I agree with what some others have said about having fun and also figuring out what you plan to do in the future. All in all, you will get a good dental education almost anywhere you go... so take into consideration the environment around you and where you think you'd be happy. Also, if you plan on specializing, UCLA is one of the best places to go. I'm not familiar with specialty stats on you other schools, but I know that UCLA is known to get almost half of their class into specialties (although this also includes AEGD programs). Hope this helps! :)

Adding NOVA Southeastern

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (9)
Columbia U. (7)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (4)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (8)
U. of Pacific (8)
U. of Pittsburgh (1)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1

Congratulations on the NOVA acceptance. That is where I really want to go and I have an interview coming up there in JAN. Good Luck..By the way I sent you an email so when you get a chance please read it. :)

Hey y'all,

thanks for all the advice. I was at an interview earlier this week and a fellow interviewee looked like she was about to have a mental breakdown during the fin aid session -- not good. I think it was also due to how much loan money she took out for undergrad. But -- it's just money and most people manage to pay it off, so, waiting, you'll be able to as well. :)

has anyone for sure decided to go to ucla? I am seriously considering it - between ucla and utsa right now. what do you guys think about utsa? reputation-wise, if you've heard that it's a strong school, how it 'ranks.' Just want to see what people think about it.

thanks-
ricegirl

Yes!!! I finally get to add to this list. Adding BU. Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle accepting the spot and speeding up the process at other schools. I would like to go to BU, but I'd also like the chance to have a choice between this and some other schools without the three thousand dollar price tag.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So excited I forgot the list. By the way, as a correction to someone earlier, Creighton does have an interview/tour, but you have to call and make an appointment. Anyone who calls apparently gets an interview.

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (10)
Columbia U. (7)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (4)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (8)
U. of Pacific (8)
U. of Pittsburgh (1)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1

Adding: Pitt, Nova, CWRU, and BU

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (11)
Columbia U. (7)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (8)
U. of Pacific (8)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1

adding UOP and U. of Washington

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (11)
Columbia U. (7)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (8)
U. of Pacific (9)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1
U. of Washington(1)

ricegirl,

I am from Texas and I know that UTSA has a great reputation. During my interview at Temple, my interviewer commented on how San Antonio was one of the few schools in the country using the text on computer format. I think most people outside of Texas think highly of all three Texas schools.

I personally am probably going to Baylor, which I think has a pretty good reputation b/c of the name and the school itself.

Good Luck!

Adding one for Meharry!

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (11)
Columbia U. (7)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (1)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (8)
U. of Pacific (9)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1
U. of Washington(1)

pakgirl-

thanks for the input! I'm still undecided... but hey, I'm almost on Xmas vacation so I'll definitely get some more time to think about everything. Did you already send in your letter of intent to Baylor? If so, good luck there!

ricegirl

hey ricegirl,

well, i just got back from a weekend getaway to see friends in Montreal and had promised myself to make a decision by the time I got back....but, alas, I'm still UNDECIDED! I 2nd pakgirl...I've heard great things about UT-SA, and I've never been to Texas! I was at a bookstore yesterday and was looking at some of the dental texts to see what schools the authors were from...there were quite a few authors that were prof's at UT-SA.....we're in quite similar predicaments...I also know UNC has a great rep, and instinctly believe I'd do very well there, but the gnawing appeal of UCLA continues to linger, know what I mean?

I don't remember if I heard it here or elsewhere but apparently 'sf will be sending out their 2nd batch of acceptance letters at the end of this month...Honestly, if I get in there, I would be even more tempted to choose it over UNC...I think it could easily be argued to be the top public school-- if not overall-- in the country. Of course, I think we both need to factor in not just rep/location and all that good stuff, but also where we feel we'd be most comfortable as far as the class environment, nature of the curriculum, and competitive factor....I think UT-SA is alot like UNC in the sense that the vast majority of students go into general dentistry, but the ones who do decide to specialize match very well and succeed...hence, if you're planning to specialize, you might be better off at a school such as those where the research funding (and faculty researchers) is abundantly available but you don't have every other dental student clamoring for it or striving extremely hard in classes to pad their stats....I feel like here at UNC I already have met the dean several times, touched base with some of the profs, and generally been made to feel welcomed...how bout you and SA, the same?? anyway, just some thoughts.... :cool: :p

waiting,

it's nice to know that someone's in the same boat as me... although it is so agonizing as well. :( I am still so undecided! I am also trying to figure out how my decision (whatever it is) is going to impact my relationship w/my b/f. :rolleyes: and that always complicates things even further on top of financial, reputation, and other concerns.

I actually know much more about UT Houston than UTSA because I live in Houston. The program there is also really appealing... so that throws in another twist. I've planned another trip to SA to check out the school, and also another trip to LA. I figure if I can spend more time at each school in a relatively short time span... this, I'm hoping, will help me make my final decision.

Anyway, you'll have to post whatever you decide. I just finished finals today so I'm trying to enjoy the beginning of the holidays as much as possible.

Oh! I just got the phone call from UoP! :) They're sweetening the deal by adding the dean's scholarship as well. Hm... SF is a really great city...

:D

ricegirl ;)

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (11)
Columbia U. (7)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (1)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (8)
U. of Pacific (10)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1
U. of Washington(1)

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the board (I wish I knew earlier that this existed!). Just to add, I've been accepted to Boston U and Columbia U, which I've added to the count below.

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (12)
Columbia U. (8)
U. Conn(6)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (1)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (8)
U. of Pacific (9)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1
U. of Washington(1)

Hello folks,

Just contributing to the forum. Accepted at University of Florida (most likely go there), UPenn (half scholarship, still too expensive), interviewed at Harvard (waiting for response), declined BU, Tufts, Columbia, NOVA, NYU and Maryland.

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (12)
Columbia U. (8)
U. Conn(6)
U. of Florida (1)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (1)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (9)
U. of Pacific (9)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)

Good luck.

Hey guys... i think the last post forgot the last 2 schools on the list... so i just added them to the list. no other updates for me :(

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (12)
Columbia U. (8)
U. Conn(6)
U. of Florida (1)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (1)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (9)
U. of Pacific (9)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1)
U. of Washington (1)

adding UF, LSU. anyone have any input on these two schools. any on creighton? i can t find any info at all about the program there.

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (12)
Columbia U. (8)
U. Conn(6)
U. of Florida (2)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Lousiana State U. (1)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (1)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (9)
U. of Pacific (9)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1)
U. of Washington (1)[/QB][/QUOTE]

Adding Meharry to the list.

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (12)
Columbia U. (8)
U. Conn(6)
U. of Florida (2)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Lousiana State U. (1)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (2)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (9)
U. of Pacific (9)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (4)
UCSF (1)
U. of Washington (1)[/QB][/QUOTE]

i got into UOP (Pacific), UCLA, and Columbia =).
still deciding where...Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (12)
Columbia U. (9)
U. Conn(6)
U. of Florida (2)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Lousiana State U. (1)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (2)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (9)
U. of Pacific (10)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (5)
UCSF (1)
U. of Washington (1)

Just got an acceptance to UCSF. I will definitely be going to UCSF for sure.

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (12)
Columbia U. (9)
U. Conn(6)
U. of Florida (2)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Lousiana State U. (1)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (2)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (9)
U. of Pacific (10)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (5)
UCSF (2)
U. of Washington (1)
--------------------

Hey caligirl!
Congrats! I guess I'll be seeing you at UCSF! Aren't you glad you decided to go to the interview? :) Have you gone back to visit since your interview? I went back on Monday, but things were hectic as usual so it was hard to talk to students, etc...

Lin

Lin709,

Yeah, I'm really glad that I heard from them before the 15th! I haven't gone back there since the interview, but I've kept in touch with few of the students there. If I have time this month, I may go back up to SF for another visit. Did you already receive a packet??? I received only a letter, but it didn't say anything about the deposit or anything. I just want to be sure before I turn down other schools.

Well keep me posted if you find any more info!

Hi Caligirl,
Yeah, I received a packet the same day I received my acceptance... it explains all the deposit info, etc... and it has the state resident form and intent to register form too. Have the students you've kept in contact with been helpful? What do they have to say about the school?

Lin709,

I just talked with the school and they said that they will send my packet. As for what other students have said about UCSF, it's basically all positive things. I feel pretty good about my decision. Do you know where you are going to live next year?

TACK ONE UP FOR UIC----about time, like they say, third times a charm

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (12)
Columbia U. (9)
U. Conn(6)
U. of Florida (2)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Illinois-Chicago (2)
U. of Kentucky (2)
U. of Louisville (5)
Lousiana State U. (1)
Marquette U. (1)
U. of Maryland (3)
Meharry (2)
U. of Michigan (4)
U. of Minnesota (3)
MUSC (1)
U. of North Carolina (2)
NOVA (2)
NYU (4)
Ohio State U. (2)
U. of Pennsylvania (9)
U. of Pacific (10)
U. of Pittsburgh (2)
SIU (1)
SUNY Stonybrook (1)
Temple (7)
Tufts (8)
U. of Southern Cal. (1)
U. of TX San Antonio (1)
U. of TX Houston (2)
UCLA (5)
UCSF (2)
U. of Washington (1)
--------------------

Steiner19er

Congrats on your acceptance! Do you plan on attending UIC? :)

Chalk another one up to UIC!

Baylor U. (3)
U. Buffalo (1)
Boston U. (12)
Columbia U. (9)
U. Conn(6)
U. of Florida (2)
Creighton (2)
CWRU (5)
Detroit Mercy (1)
Howard (1)
U. of Illinois-Chicago (3)