Acceptances for 28-32 Mcaters.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is just a play off of the 28-32 interview thread.

Members don't see this ad.

32R - University of South Florida

Members don't see this ad :)
What's wrong with a score of 32? That is a good score that can range from the 82nd-87th percentile of those who took the MCAT. Can you tell I got a 32? LOL

31P as OOS at A&M, San Antonio, and Galveston

What's wrong with a score of 32? That is a good score that can range from the 82nd-87th percentile of those who took the MCAT. Can you tell I got a 32? LOL

A 32 is fine but a 28 is much better because 8>3

30P SUNY Upstate baby! and congrats Pheonix and everyone else :hardy:

30Q at MCW. congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
proudly joining in

29P Creighton, MCW

a 32 is 82-87th percentile?

Yes. Actually 84-87th. Thats what I also got, a 32, and that's what it says on my report.

SDN and MDapps only makes it appear that a 32 should be in the 40-50th percentile! But a 32 is a good score. I took it and ran.

This thread should be retitled to below 30 with an acceptance. 30+ are all great scores. 30, 31, 32 doesn't give the rest of us any hope!

Yeah, I got a 32S also and while it was lower than all my aamc practice tests I felt it was good enough for me to avoid the suffering of retaking it all over again.

so basically what you are telling me is that I should not worry about a 31. Great! I guess the scoring > 80% of ppl who took the test is not bad, considering the competition.

I know I probably sound like an idiot.
I think I have been reading too many threads here at SDN. It seems like the avg mcat here is like a 35 or something and it makes me insecure haha.

so basically what you are telling me is that I should not worry about a 31. Great! I guess the scoring > 80% of ppl who took the test is not bad, considering the competition.

I know I probably sound like an idiot.
I think I have been reading too many threads here at SDN. It seems like the avg mcat here is like a 35 or something and it makes me insecure haha.

:thumbup:

Don't anyone let MDapps or the Pre-Allo forums get to them.

Yes. Actually 84-87th. Thats what I also got, a 32, and that's what it says on my report.
Weird, I have a 32T (the T should've bumped the percentage!), and my percentile is 80-85.

I got a 31P, and my report said 80-83.3. I guess slightly different due to the test dates?

Congratulations to everyone accepted!

Relax, title says 28 - 32, woman. So they are eligible. OK?

What an uplifting thread for those of us with only marginally great MCAT scores that others a tier below would kill for:)...

Also RFU and Loyola!

What was your honest impression of Loyola?:thumbup::thumbdown: Congrats again on racking em up, I've been following you on here for a while and you I can gladly say you are very deserving of the acceptances...hopefully I can join you soon:)

What was your honest impression of Loyola?:thumbup::thumbdown: Congrats again on racking em up, I've been following you on here for a while and you I can gladly say you are very deserving of the acceptances...hopefully I can join you soon:)

Thanks! I wish you many acceptances soon! I'm going to copy and paste below a review I wrote up of Loyola soon after my interview. I definitely have to go back though, because on the day I interviewed no classes were in session (it was the day before a big exam), so there were only a couple of students at the school. I'd really like to see it in full swing. Anyway, here's my summary. If you have any other questions just let me know:

I think it would be hard to interview at Loyola and not fall under its spell. The students I met were uniformly happy and loved their school, and all the talk of it being almost a little creepy (in a good way) is true. The administration and faculty are incredibly supportive, and quickly make changes or adjustments to the curriculum or classes, or add new programs based on student reviews and feedback. They really want you to be happy and successful there. The curriculum is a block system, where you only have one class at a time, and are generally done around noon. They said you usually have a short lecture, followed by a mediated small group problem solving session, followed by a summary lecture. The students I spoke to really liked it. And I like the idea of having one major class at a time (they do all of anatomy in 2 months!). Also, they tend to cancel PBL sessions the week of a major exam, and often give a week off after a big exam.

They have an ''honors program'' based in bioethics and healthcare policy if you're interested. Clinical training starts early in the first year, and throughout all four years - they put out some of the best clinically trained doctors, with tons of standardized patient hours (and patient simulation exercises). And the facilities were specifically designed with the curriculum in mind and to foster a real ''community'' feeling among students. They are new, bright, and wonderful, and each class is broken into three groups and given a section of the main floor where they have a ''community area'' with a lounge, study rooms, mail room, fridge/microwave, etc. Everything has windows onto the open atrium (3-4 floors high) filled with tables & armchairs. The gym will blow your mind no matter how jaded you are or how irrelevant you think a gym would be to a medical school. There are lots of community service opportunities, and many students go on one of their international summer immersion programs for 2-4 weeks after their first year. There is some research there, but my impression was that it's mainly clinical research, and that it's available, but definitely not the focus of the school. It's mainly a clinically-oriented school. Most students live in Oak Park & surrounding suburbs, but some students do live in Chicago and commute 30-40 minutes each way (depending on traffic and location).

As for the interviews, they were some of the most in-depth and demanding I've had. They are very conversational and friendly, but they really want to know what makes you tick, the decisions you've made and why you made them. They're really digging deep to see if you'll be a good fit for them, and what attracts you to Loyola. I got some difficult and very probing questions (not listed in this review since they were predominantly specific to my particular background), but just be yourself, relax, and if you're a good match, it should come across loud and clear. If you interview there, you will leave Loyola convinced that you would be a very happy medical student if you went there....

You're a superstar!

Thanks, but nah. I'm just lucky in that I interview well. Per one of my interviewers, I'm the type of person "you'd like to sit next to on a flight to New Zealand." I'm now convinced I could have an riveting conversation with a rock for at least an hour if need be.

While I think that a 28-30 will certainly get you interviews and acceptances these days, a 32 or higher will definitely open a lot more doors. Regardless, I have no regrets about not retaking, and am ecstatic with the way things have turned out. I think that the schools I've had success at are the schools that are a very good fit for me. The schools that haven't given me the time of day are most likely schools that wouldn't be a good fit. At least, that's how I like to see it!

Good luck guys, don't forget to post your acceptances back here! I read these forums for two years before applying, and loved to read the "underdog" threads in particular.

Hey Phoenix, thanks again for the Loyola input...congrats on Mayo and hopefully/maybe (*knocks on wood*)I'll be seeing you next year in Chi-town:D

I think this is a reply to a comment I deleted shortly after making it. I was hoping no one would notice. I got confused because there was another similar thread for anything less than 30. Anyway, you were right, man.

I think people are objecting that it's a bad range to choose because a 28 and a 32 are not similarly situated. A 28 and 29 are basically in a similar situation. 30 is better off than these, because that is a psychological round number cutoff that some regard as more competitive. A 32 however is probably in the same situation as folks in the 32-34 range -- it's a score that's good enough to get considered at any school, but not quite the cache of the 35+ crowd. Threads that lump 28 together with 32 are basically lumping fruits and vegetables together and calling them all fruits.

God I hope I'm a vegetable.

31M at SUNY Downstate~!!!!! :):p:)

any good news?:thumbup:

thanks for the set up soflaknight... 32N with a USF acceptance:D

Hmm, I really think it should be acceptances for 28 and 29 MCATers. Seriously lumping the 28-32s together is just not logical. It would be like lumping 25-29 or 26-30, you get the picture. A score above a 30 is great, the people scoring 35 and 36 and up if they are not complete idiots on their interviews, and have decent GPAs etc should not have a problem. Creating 2 threads would give all a little more reality and hope. :D

Why does it automatically uncapitalize my letters??? :mad: