Acceptances for 28-32 Mcaters.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
31 O Mayo and Vanderbilt

Members don't see this ad.

32my Guess Is Any Post In All Caps Gets 094fixed

Members don't see this ad :)
_9Q: UMichigan. I heard from them just last night:love:. Thank God. My dream is finally a reality. I think they look at the whole package, and not just the numbers. I got one of those auto-invites. I'm still waiting to hear from Pitts.

17J...Harvard, Georgetown, UCSF, UC DAVIS, VANDY (FULL SCHOLARSHIP), Mayo (Full Schorlarship), JHU (They are literally knocking on my door and begging me).

Just keep the faith people, anything can happen. i.e. Pigs can fly, hell can freeze over, and finally, The stated stats above can obtain those acceptances. lol

i just made the above post for kicks and giggles. It wasn't to offend anyone, so lets not get testy. (I'm sure I don't to clarify that they're false, bet you already knew that.)

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL INTENT OF THE THREAD!!!!!!!

hiya!!!

27 R... Upstate, Buffalo, GW....yes I am a URM so there is no need to point that out to me, I am not confused at all!

URM's are almost afraid to post on these otherwise encouraging threads because ppl always use that as an excuse..and they never just say congrats!!...however there are URMs that can use some hope as well...:love:

and i think ppl are more than numbers!! so I like this thread!!...and my goodness a 32 is a great score!! don't let SDN fool you!!

congratulations and good luck to everyone!!:luck::luck: and remember to be confident!!

Mel:)

congrats on all your acceptances dancinRN. i'm in at buffalo too. maybe we'll be classmates!!

hiya!!

awwwww thanks!.:love::love:

congrats to you two as well....
phoenix!... i am speechless!!! you are doing soooo wonderfully!!! Congrats!! You deserve all the acceptances!! I think you will single handedly throw off the average number of acceptances this year!:) you must be sooo proud!!

thankd md rus---I looved buffalo too...i have no idea where i'll end up...but we'll all be colleagues some day!!:) congrats!!!

mel:)

Hey dancinRN,

You have some very unusual and interesting EC's. They show you know what you are getting into and can handle stress. While your MCAT may not be the golden "30", it's nothing to sneeze at. I am not suprised that schools have been interested in you.

26O accepted at UIC and AWPA at SIU.

I'm a non-trad, with a lot of clinical experience, tons of research and ECs...its not all numbers..thank goodness :D

32R UIC, RFU, Drexel.....congrats everyone....

Members don't see this ad :)
thought i'd keep this thread live....

28S here...1 md interview. and 1 md acceptance.

For all of you giving up hope, I never thought I would be able to get in this year...I honestly was already thinking of reapplying. I am so grateful. be patient...you never know what will happen!

Best luck to all of you ;)

40S lol.
No interviews! hahaha.
Congrats to all of you guys! I'm seeing some big name schools in this thread and that really makes me happy! GJ.

30O UT-Houston! First choice! :love:

30S VCU and NYMC

29R... 3 interviews down, 1 for February... acceptance to GW! Who said numbers are everything?

GL everyone! :luck::luck:

28S here...1 md interview. and 1 md acceptance.

For all of you giving up hope, I never thought I would be able to get in this year...I honestly was already thinking of reapplying. I am so grateful. be patient...you never know what will happen!

Best luck to all of you ;)

Awesome, dude! There is still hope for me, then. :laugh:
And which MD school is that?

29R... 3 interviews down, 1 for February... acceptance to GW! Who said numbers are everything?

GL everyone! :luck::luck:

Well, you have a perfect gpa, dude. So, numbers are still everything :).

Threads that lump 28 together with 32 are basically lumping fruits and vegetables together and calling them all fruits.

Aren't most vegetables botanically considered fruits, anyway? :D Clearly, I'm a nut - another type of fruit.

dsf

Last edited:
28O August 2006 - 11VR 09PS 08BS
29O April 2007- 10VR 09PS 10BS

Didn't apply last year because I wasn't confident with my score...applied this year to many MD schools and 3 DO schools. Received 3 MD interviews so far and they were rather early in the process so I took a risk and didn't send in the DO secondaries.
Waitlisted at Jefferson so I started to get nervous but accepted at UMDNJ RWJMS!!!
Keep at it and keep the faith!

congrats!! that is fantastic!

so basically what you are telling me is that I should not worry about a 31. Great! I guess the scoring > 80% of ppl who took the test is not bad, considering the competition.

I know I probably sound like an idiot.
I think I have been reading too many threads here at SDN. It seems like the avg mcat here is like a 35 or something and it makes me insecure haha.

2007 Facts:

42000 applicants
17500 acceptances
(http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/2007/2007mcatgpa.htm)

A 31 is 80-84%. 68000 MCATS were administered.
Taking the highest numbers, 16%, or 10500 applicants, scored higher than you in 2007 alone.
(http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/examineedata/combined07.pdf_

31000 were reapplicants.
(according to Dean Wolitzer- BU Dean of admissions and president of pre-health professional assoc.)

Unless you have an amazing anecdote, are non-traditional in age, are URM, or knowledgable in the ways of nepotism, then your score is not as secure as you believe, and I suggest you consider retaking. Sorry to burst your bubble :scared:

2007 Facts:

42000 applicants
17500 acceptances
(http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/2007/2007mcatgpa.htm)

A 31 is 80-84%. 68000 MCATS were administered.
Taking the highest numbers, 16%, or 10500 applicants, scored higher than you in 2007 alone.
(http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/examineedata/combined07.pdf_

31000 were reapplicants.
(according to Dean Wolitzer- BU Dean of admissions and president of pre-health professional assoc.)

Unless you have an amazing anecdote, are non-traditional in age, are URM, or knowledgable in the ways of nepotism, then your score is not as secure as you believe, and I suggest you consider retaking. Sorry to burst your bubble :scared:

pluripotent, do you have any information from reputable sources regarding non-traditional students being held to a lower standard in terms of GPA and/or MCAT? It's my understanding that your age will never compensate for your numbers or at least that seems to be the common wisdom.

SorryPluripotent your a little off with your data.

42,315 applicants, 31946 were first time applicants, so 10,369 were reapplicants

18,858 were accepted while 17,759 matriculated

So for last year 44.6% of applicants were accepted.
The average MCAT matriculant was 30.8 and the average GPA 3.65.

And I dont know about you, but I know a bunch of ppl that think "o man my 3.7 GPA and my 31 MCAT are average for those matriculating, so I dont have to worry about anything else" THey have no research, no clinical experience, etc. So pretty much they are automatic rejections. I also know multiple 30+ scores not even applying because they want to do something else. One of my friends scored a 35 ended up going to PT school!

pluripotent, do you have any information from reputable sources regarding non-traditional students being held to a lower standard in terms of GPA and/or MCAT? It's my understanding that your age will never compensate for your numbers or at least that seems to be the common wisdom.

Common wisdom? Non-traditional students being held to a lower standard? Please clarify.

As to age compensating for your numbers, it is not on the basis of number compensation, rather, maturity. Nontraditionals in age usually had another career that they left for medicine. In my humble opinion, that carries weight.

Hopefully there is something to this affect here:

http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/2007/age0307.htm

I am tired goodnight.

hiya!!!

27 R... Upstate, Buffalo, GW....yes I am a URM so there is no need to point that out to me, I am not confused at all!

URM's are almost afraid to post on these otherwise encouraging threads because ppl always use that as an excuse..and they never just say congrats!!...however there are URMs that can use some hope as well...:love:

and i think ppl are more than numbers!! so I like this thread!!...and my goodness a 32 is a great score!! don't let SDN fool you!!

congratulations and good luck to everyone!!:luck::luck: and remember to be confident!!

Mel:)
Congrats!!! You're killing it with the acceptances.

And yeah, some SDNers really make me feel pretty low for being URM. Like I have this URM stamp that separates me from "them." I don't know if its jealousy, envy, spite or racism, but whatever. All that matters is we're gonna be doctors baby!!! :thumbup:

hiya waywoe...thanks for the kind words!! i wish you good luck this cycle!!!:luck::luck:

flaahless---you are doing sooo well them with your acceptances:laugh::laugh:congrats!!... i know its really weird and quite upsetting... i haven't been in school for a while and i don't remember ppl being this way when i was there...this kind of bigotry is amazing and i have never experienced it before...ppl feel like these comments are really okay...i can't imagine med school is really like this i think its just ppl who are redirecting their anxiety and frustration at this process at others who are doing well or even better than them...they probably wanted that really sweet vandy scholarhip you have!:love:...don't let ppl make you feel bad about your acceptances that is what they want you to do...there are plenty of non urm ppl who get into med school with lower than perfect grades...look at this thread! but ppl aren't putting them down

that quote on your md apps is incredible...but you have to think it if someone has to start a phrase with... i am not racist.... that should have been a red flag to them to stop typing:)...but ppl can always say these things on the internet but i dare them to say it to your face...

i agree tha gpa and mcat scores are important predictors..but ppl who get into med school with lower scores have other things going for them...patients could care less about mcat scores and ug gpa as long as you prove yourself in school..there is not a special urm usmle grading system...you have great ec's and you must interview extrememly well which means you have a great personality and a wonderful story to tell...life experience counts...and this is the case for most ppl urm or not who get into med school with lower stats

this whole thing has probably opened my eyes up to the fact that i wil probably have to work harder to prove myself to others...but that is something i am used to doing...;)

uh ohhh... i probably just turned this into another urm affirmative action debate...if you are going to take it there please open up a new thread so this nice one isn't closed down....

ooh if anyone is still reading this...i have two more acceptances... umdnj- nj med and howard!!! seee you really don't have to be perfect!!

congratulations to all of you 2012 acceptees... unfortunately none for me yet, but i'm still waiting on a bunch of schools to invite me (no interviews yet either)...
31p

hiya waywoe...thanks for the kind words!! i wish you good luck this cycle!!!:luck::luck:

flaahless---you are doing sooo well them with your acceptances:laugh::laugh:congrats!!... i know its really weird and quite upsetting... i haven't been in school for a while and i don't remember ppl being this way when i was there...this kind of bigotry is amazing and i have never experienced it before...ppl feel like these comments are really okay...i can't imagine med school is really like this i think its just ppl who are redirecting their anxiety and frustration at this process at others who are doing well or even better than them...they probably wanted that really sweet vandy scholarhip you have!:love:...don't let ppl make you feel bad about your acceptances that is what they want you to do...there are plenty of non urm ppl who get into med school with lower than perfect grades...look at this thread! but ppl aren't putting them down

that quote on your md apps is incredible...but you have to think it if someone has to start a phrase with... i am not racist.... that should have been a red flag to them to stop typing:)...but ppl can always say these things on the internet but i dare them to say it to your face...

i agree tha gpa and mcat scores are important predictors..but ppl who get into med school with lower scores have other things going for them...patients could care less about mcat scores and ug gpa as long as you prove yourself in school..there is not a special urm usmle grading system...you have great ec's and you must interview extrememly well which means you have a great personality and a wonderful story to tell...life experience counts...and this is the case for most ppl urm or not who get into med school with lower stats

this whole thing has probably opened my eyes up to the fact that i wil probably have to work harder to prove myself to others...but that is something i am used to doing...;)

uh ohhh... i probably just turned this into another urm affirmative action debate...if you are going to take it there please open up a new thread so this nice one isn't closed down....

ooh if anyone is still reading this...i have two more acceptances... umdnj- nj med and howard!!! seee you really don't have to be perfect!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCES AND GOOD LUCK FOR MORE!!!!!

( ignore jealous, ignorant people with low self-esteem. that's what i do!)

University of Washinton class of 2012

30Q Stony Brook. woo hoo!
any my GPA not stellar either so numbers dont matter!
i think my ECs made up for my numbers :cool:

congratulations to all of you 2012 acceptees... unfortunately none for me yet, but i'm still waiting on a bunch of schools to invite me (no interviews yet either)...
31p
Stay in there, they will come around. :thumbup:

This is officially my favorite uplifting thread:thumbup:

31 Q

Acceptance at Texas Tech so far...