Acceptances to: MUSC, Pitts, Columbia, NYU, VCU, or Towson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed VCU today to learn more about the method we would be contacted in. All offers were given out before March 1st. Some applicants who were offered a position in the program were given an extension to make a decision by April 1st. So there is the possibility of 7 more spots opening from the waiting list, but likely only 1 or 2. The committee is meeting tomorrow to determine who from an already selected group will be on the more narrowed wait list, and then they will contact those individuals to ask if they would like to be placed on that wait list. There is a list of about 25 individuals. but likely only about 10 of them will be contacted is what I gathered from the email.
The rest of the individuals not on the wait list or already accepted will be notified soon that they were NOT accepted The email described these students as (although rejected from the program) "very qualified". So be proud even if you didn't get in as there apparently was a large number of excellent candidates not offered a spot or the waiting list.
They also informed me of their decision on my application and I was not wait listed.
Good luck, hope some of you get those wait list spots! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if you would mind sharing your stats for vcu?

Major: Sociology
Cumulative GPA: 2.6 (Let's just say that after a rough undergrad, I had ample opportunity for an upward trend...)
Last 60: 3.2
Prereq: 3.6
GRE: 710 Q, 630 V, 4.0 Writing
OT Volunteer/Shadowing: 87 hrs in three settings

I would also say that through email correspondence with the school I felt a good rapport was established. Not sure how much that would affect decisions, but at least it didn't weed me out. Good luck!

Has anyone received a letter from Towson? I understand that letters are being mailed this week. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all -- I was just wondering if anyone from the alternate list with MUSC has gotten in? I know that they say we might not find out until May, but I just wanted to check with you guys. For those of you who did get in, when did you have to let them know by? Thanks!

I am waitlisted at Towson. I requested to be taken off the list

Last edited:
Has anyone been accepted that had been on the waiting list? It seems there are a lot of people that were accepted to schools and I am curious as to how quickly they notify the program that they are not going to attend. At that point, how soon is the turn around time for the people on the list?

I'm wondering the same, I think NYU's deadline to notify if your are attending or not is mid-April (I think April 18?) so people on the waiting list should know by the end of April

I was wait listed at Pitt and found out probably two or three weeks later I was accepted!! Anyone visit the campus or have heard anything about the program?