ACCEPTANCES vs MATRICULANTS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PUKE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the actual data for each school that accept premeds vs those who actually join that school?
This raises the question of those vacancies that are never filled in any given med school.
I vaguely remember to have seen it on a web site long ago but unable to recall it.

Members don't see this ad.

Accpetances aren't given in the MSAR, they're in the princeton review book, although I've seen some numbers in that book that are just plain wrong. A general rule of thumb for a conservative estimate of the number of acceptances is to multiply the matriculants by 2. However it really does vary from school to school, some schools offer lots of acceptances early, while some only fill the class, and keep large waiting lists to accept people off of. This would tend to increase your yield as people with acceptances tend to withdraw from waiting lists at schools they don't want to go to later in the application cycle.

Does anyone know the actual data for each school that accept premeds vs those who actually join that school?
This raises the question of those vacancies that are never filled in any given med school.
I vaguely remember to have seen it on a web site long ago but unable to recall it.
There aren't any "vacancies" in any school. Each school fills its enrollment numbers fully.