Accepted but still have interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_Rod_of_Asclepius_

Reaction score
Was recently accepted to a DO program (so grateful) however, the deadline to pay the deposit is before several other interviews I have coming up. I'm certain this has been asked before but oddly enough I could not find a thread on it.

Can I drop the deposit for this school (it is a newer DO school as well) to "hold" onto my acceptance if I'm not accepted elsewhere? I'm aware it's non-refundable and willing to take that loss.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you can hold onto multiple acceptances until around May I believe. Most people don't for DO schools since it's a few thousand dollars each but if money is no issue for you, go for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, pay the deposit to hold onto this seat, and interview anywhere else that interests you.

Is this your only acceptance so far? If so, and your deadline as you stated is before you even interview elsewhere. Take the acceptance you have a reserve it. A few thousand is a lot now, but its a drop in the bucket when you consider what if you dont reserve it, miss the deadline, and don't get acceptances to later interviews or other past interviews. That's not worth the risk. Since it's your only one take it.

The only "exception" I'd say is that if you have a few weeks until the deposit is due, and you've already had other interviews as well, give it another week or 2 to hear back from the others, unless you'd rather go to where you are accepted already over where else you already interviewed for whatever reason you have - and even then, still put the deposit down somewhere (be it where you have an acceptance now, or where one may arise from another previous interview).

Reactions: 1 user
Is this your only acceptance so far? If so, and your deadline as you stated is before you even interview elsewhere. Take the acceptance you have a reserve it. A few thousand is a lot now, but its a drop in the bucket when you consider what if you dont reserve it, miss the deadline, and don't get acceptances to later interviews or other past interviews. That's not worth the risk. Since it's your only one take it.

The only "exception" I'd say is that if you have a few weeks until the deposit is due, and you've already had other interviews as well, give it another week or 2 to hear back from the others, unless you'd rather go to where you are accepted already over where else you already interviewed for whatever reason you have - and even then, still put the deposit down somewhere (be it where you have an acceptance now, or where one may arise from another previous interview).
Yup one and only so far! Will definitely be holding a seat there right now!

Was recently accepted to a DO program (so grateful) however, the deadline to pay the deposit is before several other interviews I have coming up. I'm certain this has been asked before but oddly enough I could not find a thread on it.

Can I drop the deposit for this school (it is a newer DO school as well) to "hold" onto my acceptance if I'm not accepted elsewhere? I'm aware it's non-refundable and willing to take that loss.

I am in the same situation that you are. I plan on holding my seat just in case I dont get in elsewhere. My question is what does everyone think about calling the other schools that I applied to to see if I can get my interview pushed up or hear back sooner? Dont want to be too pushy but also dont want to miss out on the opportunities of giving these schools a fair look. Thoughts?

I am in the same situation that you are. I plan on holding my seat just in case I dont get in elsewhere. My question is what does everyone think about calling the other schools that I applied to to see if I can get my interview pushed up or hear back sooner? Dont want to be too pushy but also dont want to miss out on the opportunities of giving these schools a fair look. Thoughts?
Not recommended

Reactions: 1 user
Lock that ish down day before your deposit is due. That way you might hear back from other schools, but at least you have a spot in your pocket and will be a Doctor either way. Congrats!