Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been lucky enough to be accepted to a med school this cycle, but I'm dealing with a major case of cold feet. There's a specific career path that I'm interested in that I never explored enough and I think it would be stupid to go to med school without trying it out first. How bad is it to turn down the acceptance, try it out, and if I still want to do medicine, apply again in a few years? Will this be seen as a major black mark?
Another option would be to defer, but I don't know if they're willing to let me defer to try out another career. I guess I could lie about why I want to defer...
Another option would be to defer, but I don't know if they're willing to let me defer to try out another career. I guess I could lie about why I want to defer...
), a goal that I'm betting you've worked hard towards for a pretty long time. You're about to embark on one of the toughest things you've ever done in your life, and there's no other experience out there like it. So, yes, it is scary... lots of new things to learn (and I'm not just talking about the material), totally different routines, and a major committment. 