Accepted into Dental school in the middle of Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MVD89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good evening,
I am applying to Master programs for this coming year and while I would prefer to only do a 1 year program, some are 2 years :/ I am also applying to dental school this coming cycle in June. While I will be fresh in my Masters when my application is in review I was wondering if it could still be possible to get accepted into dental school. Would a dental school not consider you because you are in the middle of a 2 year masters? Also if I did get accepted into d-school would it be alright to bail on the remainder of the masters? I know this would mean I would not be awarded a masters degree but who cares I will be going to dental school! Thank you for any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

First of all I like to consider 2 year masters as being more useful. I am in a 2 year masters, and even though I really want to go to dental school, my masters is a nice fallback just in case. You are not guaranteed to get into dental school. Anyways. If you decide to do 2 year masters , the they would most likely want you to finish it.

In summary. In your situation I would just apply to 1 year masters. However you might be too late to apply to those programs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk