1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

accepted off a waitlist...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by herewegoagain, Mar 23, 2007.

1. herewegoagain

2+ Year Member

Just wondering if anybody has actually been accepted after being placed on a waitlist this year. I know this usuallly happens closer toward the summer, but anyone so far? just curious... Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SugarNaCl

SugarNaCl Dental Student
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Pulled all my apps, BUT... I heard a rumor that at SUNY Buffalo some people will drop during gross anatomy and a couple new spots open up. If true, which I can't verify, you would think that would happen at other schools too.

4. dentist-to-be

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    so you mean people drop once classes started and then they take new people in? That's interesting. Do you guys know what happens if you make a commitment to a school after may 1 and then you get offered a position from the alternate list at another school. Can you just accept the latter without paying any "damages" to the school you were going to previously?:)

5. PChemGrad

PChemGrad I am a banana.
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If you get an offer from another school after May 1st, and choose to go there instead of the other school, you can do as you please. You just might want to let the other school you will not be attending ASAP. As far as "damages" to the other school, you already took care of them in the form of your non-refundable deposit.

6. goosestuff

goosestuff 10-4, Chicken Feed, 10-4
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    How would that work? Joining the class after it had started? Am I missing sumtin, sweetnsaltie?

7. Eid

Eid
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm confused too. On may 1st don't all dental schools get to see where you have put down a deposit? So if you were on the wait list for school X, and they saw after May 1st that you have already payed a deposit at school Y, will they still offer you a spot in the class, or will they move on to the next person on the wait list?

8. Speeddater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I believe AADSAS notifies the school of people who are holding MULTIPLE DEPOSITS at schools. I doubt they would notify a waitlisted school if that person has not yet been accepted. Ex: Holding a deposit at school X & school Y. School X & Y will be notified. That's something AADSAS starts this year.

9. Eid

Eid
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    O Okay! That makes things more clear, Thanks.