Accepted or Applying URM Stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedQuest

Da Truth
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a URM and i cannot seem to find Stats on urms accepted. I would like to get an idea. if you dont want to post PM me. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This question has been asked before both this application cycle and last and never seems to elicit any replies. Do a search for URMs, and you will see what I mean.

ok, I have definitely seen stats on this. I am rushing out of the house right now and I don't have the time to look for it online, but I HAVE seen it online. I wish I just remembered where I saw it. I know it's not on SDN.

My first bet would be to check with AAMC. I know that they have a few research statistics on their website where they compare all the different groups of people over 5 years. They compare URMs versus non-URMs. they compare men and women. Compare by age group. compare by majors. All the stats are somewhere on that website. I just wish I had the time to look for it. Just do a search on the website and i know you will come across it. If not, I will do it for you sometime over hte weekend. Send me a PM and let me know if you finally found it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's
all I could find. (I think they used to post this data, but don't anymore.) Maybe Tweetie will have more luck. :)

I've posted mine on this board b4 - so its really nothing new...

35R
biochem major
BM

oops - umm.. I'm just applying.

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
ok, I have definitely seen stats on this. I am rushing out of the house right now and I don't have the time to look for it online, but I HAVE seen it online. I wish I just remembered where I saw it. I know it's not on SDN.

My first bet would be to check with AAMC. I know that they have a few research statistics on their website where they compare all the different groups of people over 5 years. They compare URMs versus non-URMs. they compare men and women. Compare by age group. compare by majors. All the stats are somewhere on that website. I just wish I had the time to look for it. Just do a search on the website and i know you will come across it. If not, I will do it for you sometime over hte weekend. Send me a PM and let me know if you finally found it.

didn't that stanford pdf file have urm stats? i dunno what the link is.

A book from AAMC listed average MCAT scores of accepted URM is 21.

URM's that don't have stats similar to nonURM's on SDN will probably not post in fear of being slammed and who can blame them!

My MCATS from a few years ago was in mid 20's so if the last post is true, I should be a shoe in! Just to be on the safe side I'm taking the April MCAT and will get a score of at least 32T!;)

Originally posted by DarkChild
I've posted mine on this board b4 - so its really nothing new...

35R
biochem major
BM

oops - umm.. I'm just applying.

Wow, Darkchild! Those stats are awesome! I'd love to have those (except for the M part...don't think I'd wanna be a man;) )

OK, I'll post mine, although I'm not sure if I'm a URM or not. (I checked the Hispanic box, because I'm 1/4 Hispanic so could not really check NOT Hispanic, the white box, did not claim to be disadvantaged, and said English was my first language. What does that make me?)

Anyway...
GPA 3.5 cum (3.4 science, 3.6 non-science)
MCAT 30M (12V, 8PS, 10BS)
Human Biology major
lots of EC's, volunteer, and clincal -- but NO research
Accepted: Columbia, Albany, SLU, MCPH, USC
Waitlisted: Tulane, Jefferson, UWSOM, Vermont, Tufts, Mt. Sinai