Accepted! Oxford MSc Vs Columbia MPH

Started by DB2021
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DB2021

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Need grad school advice please!


I got accepted into Columbia's MPH in the Sociomedical Sciences department & Oxford's MSc in International health and tropical medicine and need to pick one.


For context, I've done Sociology from the Uni of Edinburgh, and am now a health editor in India. I want to study public health, specifically women's health and look at the structural inequalities in healthcare.


I'm still waiting on my funding and scholarships but for now:


Columbia is more expensive (big con) but I am excited with the course content and can dabble in many courses, and NYC is a more dynamic vibrant city. Plus I want to experience the US education system and hope to work there for at least 1 year.


Oxford has more prestige in my home country (India) where I want to come back, is 1 year shorter and cheaper. But I have done the UK system and the course content seems more rigid and slightly dated.


Has anyone done either of the courses? Any advice on what factors I should focus on?


TLDR: Just got exciting offers but am confused between Oxford and Columbia