-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Accepted student deposit
Started by dbeast
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AAMC recommends to each school that their acceptance deposit not exceed $100 and be refundable until May 15 (except for EDP applicants). And that if an applicant enrolls, they are encouraged to credit the deposit toward tuition.
If you are pulled from a waitlist after May 15 and withdraw at another school, I would assume your deposit becomes a forced donation.
If you are pulled from a waitlist after May 15 and withdraw at another school, I would assume your deposit becomes a forced donation.
After May 15th, you can't get it back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but certain DO schools have a deposit that is not refundable. So it seems to vary by school (type?).
AAMC does not oversee DO schools.
Yes, AACOMAS policy varies from AMCAS policy.Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but certain DO schools have a deposit that is not refundable. So it seems to vary by school (type?).
Quick note: I searched for the answer before posting this, but couldn't find any information about.
I sent in deposits to all the schools I've been accepted to, and I've finally made my decision on where I will go. How would I inform the other schools that I would like to withdraw my acceptance? Snail mail? Telephone? Or is a quick e-mail ok?
I've put this off for weeks now because I don't want to do it the "wrong way"
I sent in deposits to all the schools I've been accepted to, and I've finally made my decision on where I will go. How would I inform the other schools that I would like to withdraw my acceptance? Snail mail? Telephone? Or is a quick e-mail ok?
I've put this off for weeks now because I don't want to do it the "wrong way"
I sent in deposits to all the schools I've been accepted to, and I've finally made my decision on where I will go. How would I inform the other schools that I would like to withdraw my acceptance? Snail mail? Telephone? Or is a quick e-mail ok?"
I did it through email but some schools asked me to also fax a letter with my signature to make it official. I would start with email because it's the easiest and the schools will either acknowledge your withdrawal and that'll be the end of it or they will request additional info. Good luck.
I did it through email but some schools asked me to also fax a letter with my signature to make it official. I would start with email because it's the easiest and the schools will either acknowledge your withdrawal and that'll be the end of it or they will request additional info. Good luck.
Thanks for the info!