Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I will give notice. But do you think it needs to be exactly 2 weeks, or can it be slightly less in order to coincide with the end of the pay period?I think this is a big mistake. The two weeks may be rough, but there's a good chance you'll need them for a reference or that a future employer may call them for one. Learning to deal with it and work out your notice is the first step in your veterinary education. If you've only been there a short time, they may let you go immediately... But I'd at least offer to work the 2 weeks..
I felt the same way when I gave my 2 weeks. The only good thing was whenever clinic "craziness" ensued, I was considerably more relaxed and excited of the prospect of not having to deal with the shenanigans anymore. If he treats you any differently, kill him with kindness. Smile and be obscenely nice- the ball wont bounce back then, it will just fall flat. Well done standing up for yourself!
Best of luck on your next endeavor!