Accepted to after Feb 09 interview at Western University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngynththo

accepted pharmacy student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who has been accepted after Feb 09? Raise your hands please. Congratulation!! Did the school call you about your acceptance as they did when they offered your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for typing mistake. I don't know how to fix the thread's title after it is posted.

I haven't heard back but I'm getting increasingly anxious :(

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't heard anything either. should be soon no?

No news yet. Hope soon it comes. Goodluck to me and to everyone waiting for the result.

I had a interview 02/09. They called me for the invitation 02/08. Still waiting for decision. I really want to go to that school.

Just wait a little guys! Good luck!

Is there anyone who has been accepted after Feb 09? Raise your hands please. Congratulation!! Did the school call you about your acceptance as they did when they offered your interview?

Also, has anyone been rejected AFTER any of the interview cycle? Thanks

I had a interview 02/09. They called me for the invitation 02/08. Still waiting for decision. I really want to go to that school.

Wow, how could you arrange everything for the interview just in one day? Anyway, we have done our part. Now, just..relax and wait for Western's reply.

Isn't it true that we get the decision 2 weeks after the interview? Some people already knew if they were accepted, rejected, or on the alternative list. I will ask them on my interview next week about this.

Isn't it true that we get the decision 2 weeks after the interview? Some people already knew if they were accepted, rejected, or on the alternative list. I will ask them on my interview next week about this.
I guess that Western may review Feb 9 and Mar 1 interview together. These two interviews are so close. I know some people who got the feedback within 2 weeks after Dec 8 interview which was the first one.

Just got my acceptance via email :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've just called them and heard that they already mailed out the status. Not sure if only accepted people can receive email first ????

I've just called them and heard that they already mailed out the status. Not sure if only accepted people can receive email first ????

Hi,

Do you mind if you could be a little more specific. Status to the last interview, all interviews, rejections, etc?

An acquaintance received her rejection last week. Sucks! :(

Thanks!

Hi,

Do you mind if you could be a little more specific. Status to the last interview, all interviews, rejections, etc?

Thanks!

I told her that I had the Feb interview and asked about my status. She said they already mailed out all the letters. I asked if only the accepted could receive the email first. She said she was not sure about that but for sure they mailed out all the regular mail.

So the rejections were sent first??

Or it depends on the person who takes care of the applications based on the last name??

I've received nothing so far. Not sure if "no new is good new".

Hi,

Thanks!

Did your friend get an actual rejection letter or a hold letter, and did he/she get interviewed?

Just got my acceptance via email :)

So they emailed and let you know that you got accepted? Congrat!!!. I am sicken worried right now. No mail today. If there is one, could be a good news or a bad news.

Good luck to everyone.

Hi,

Thanks!
Did your friend get a rejection letter before or after the interview. Did she interview with Western on Feb 9th? or did they reject her application before she is even invited for the interview?

thanks

yay.
I received an acceptance through email this morning and then received a call from my interviewer this afternoon.

I'm sure you guys will be hearing from them real soon. Good luck to all of you guys.

Did your friend get an actual rejection letter or a hold letter, and did he/she get interviewed?

Rejection letter! Don't know if she interviewed.
Did your friend get a rejection letter before or after the interview. Did she interview with Western on Feb 9th? or did they reject her application before she is even invited for the interview?

thanks
I'm sorry, I wish I had more info for you guys but she was an acquaintance. I don't know the details and I'm not comfortable enough to ask her the exact same questions you guys have lingering in my mind. I could ask one of our mutual friends for more details.

I told her that I had the Feb interview and asked about my status. She said they already mailed out all the letters. I asked if only the accepted could receive the email first. She said she was not sure about that but for sure they mailed out all the regular mail.

So the rejections were sent first??

Or it depends on the person who takes care of the applications based on the last name??

I've received nothing so far. Not sure if "no new is good new".

Thank you typharm for sharing the valuable information.

yay.
I received an acceptance through email this morning and then received a call from my interviewer this afternoon.

I'm sure you guys will be hearing from them real soon. Good luck to all of you guys.

Congratulation, tonikko. Who is your interviewer, if you don't mind....

yay.

No email, no phone call = no acceptance ?????

I did not recieve a phone call - just a email.

I did not recieve a phone call - just a email.
Congrattt. i think those who do not get an email are either going to get rejection letter, alternative letter, or hold letter. I hope I am wrong though.:(

Anyone else also got an email? I think my chance of getting in is slim now

i also got an email on the 26th....interviewed feb 9th

did they say when they mailed out the letters?

The letters were mailed out on Tue, 26.

Only those got accepted could receive the email. Others will receive either "on hold" or "rejection".

Now hope not to receive "rejection" then..:(:(:(

The letters were mailed out on Tue, 26.

Only those got accepted could receive the email. Others will receive either "on hold" or "rejection".

Now hope not to receive "rejection" then..:(:(:(

Yes, only accepted people receive acceptant email. I did not receive it.
For those who are still younger than me, 47, keeps follow your dream...Don't give up.

Yes, only accepted people receive acceptant email. I did not receive it.
For those who are still younger than me, 47, keeps follow your dream...Don't give up.

I heard from someone, one of her classmate was 65. One of the interviewees I met was also in her 50's. I guess it's never too late to go to school. :)

I heard from someone, one of her classmate was 65. One of the interviewees I met was also in her 50's. I guess it's never too late to go to school. :)

Hi. Thanks for your encouragement. I just got a hold letter. Not a rejection.:):)

Hi. Thanks for your encouragement. I just got a hold letter. Not a rejection.:):)

i got a hold letter too.. and with Dr. Prabhu also... but my interview was back in Nov.. the first interview session..

Hold is good; they might admit you after the interview process is over. They will have admission scores for everyone by then, so they have a better idea who to admit. :)

i got a hold letter too.. and with Dr. Prabhu also... but my interview was back in Nov.. the first interview session..

Hi deviloooo, I am confused. What time they mentioned in the letter that they would review your status? Is it correct that the school had reviewed your application then sent you a second hold letter:), since your interview was so long ago?

Did any of you who got accepted got their acceptance in the mail and not by email? I havent recieved any email or mail yet...does tht mean i am on hold or rejected?

i got an acceptance email on feb 26 and the letter on feb 28. good luck everyone

Except those accepted, the rest of the applicants would be put on hold?

Except those accepted, the rest of the applicants would be put on hold?

As far as I know, all the interviewees of the first two rounds should receive an acceptance email/ letter or an on-hold letter by now. Dr. Prabhu said that it was rare that interviewees would receive rejection letter before April. For the interviewees of the last two rounds (on 03/01 and 04/12), we have to wait until at least after April 12. This means I have to wait for another 42 days at least :oops:. Good luck to anyone (who needs it).

Hi Everyone,

Good luck to those who have been interviewed and are waiting for the decision. I am still waiting for my interview invitation. I'm actually very glad that their interviews are extended through April. I thought that they would have interviews on the same day as USC, that made me very nervous since USC have the last interview on March. I am also waiting for that school as well. It's been really tough!

I turned in my application near to the deadline so I don't know if I made the cut. One of my friends got a letter from Western and was put on hold for two consecutive years. That really sucks! I hope I will hear from them in April, it is still not too late. Good luck to all!

For those who sent deposit to Western but decided not to go, how could the school know that you would not go so they can draw more people from the alternate list????

For those who sent deposit to Western but decided not to go, how could the school know that you would not go so they can draw more people from the alternate list????

I think there are many other things to do for accepted people, not only the deposit. So that the school will know.
However, your question give me another reason to wait until the last minute....

i thought those got accepted but decided not to attend that school, he will need to notify the school, so the school can release his application for other school to take his application. I am not sure, but thats what I heard during the inteview orientation at USC.