Accepted to Matriculant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsbaseball2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So i am using MSAR to make my school list and have a question about the relationship between the number of students that are accepted vs those that actually matriculated. For example Emory has 98 OOS matriculants but is it safe to assume that they had to accept 2 times that amount to fill that many spots?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

So i am using MSAR to make my school list and have a question about the relationship between the number of students that are accepted vs those that actually matriculated. For example Emory has 98 OOS matriculants but is it safe to assume that they had to accept 2 times that amount to fill that many spots?

Theres a google doc floating around with the US News acceptance stats and I just checked- Emory had 241 OOS accepts out of 500 interviews. I think this is from last year or so

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This year for out-of-state it's 505 interviewed, 234 admitted, 102 enrolled

@efle I was looking at this doc that had that information and it seems like most schools from interview to accepted have about a 50% acceptance rate, thats pretty decent odds. So pretty much landing the interview and obviously not choking is key.

@efle I was looking at this doc that had that information and it seems like most schools from interview to accepted have about a 50% acceptance rate, thats pretty decent odds. So pretty much landing the interview and obviously not choking is key.
It varies a ton between schools, for example Columbia admits 27% of interviewed while U Michigan admits 74% of interviewed. I wouldn't really use any of this to build a school list though.

Hey everyone,

At my school, it' works like this:

5000-6000 apps
interview ~500-600
accept ~300-350
seat ~100

How the Admissions deans dfo this without overbooking is a Black Art equivalent to what's taught at Hogwarts.

Reactions: 1 user