Medical Accepted to Medical School, but I am not sure if I feel ready to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Full Member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
71,803
Reaction score
113,385
I have a 3.9 sGPA and 499 MCAT (~25% CARS). I was accepted to VCOM-auburn and DCOM. I was an undergraduate at a top 10 public university and I think taking down science classes was not a problem at all for me, but I may not have grown my critical thinking skills enough for medical schools. Should I consider programs such as GEMS by Georgetown, where they focus on improving such skills like critical and clinical skills? I know that retaking MCAT is not required for this program and they require 78% and above on all the modules, which include most of the year one medical student classes. More than 80% of the students have matriculated to their SOM, I am not sure why the other 20% have not made it and I am thinking they may have not reached the benchmarks.
All new endeavors are fraught with anxiety. You've fine

Members don't see this ad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top