Accepted to One School and Waiting to Interview at Others?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yepnopemaybe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to reach out to SDN to get some opinions on messaging schools I am waiting to get an offer to interview at. I recently got accepted to a DO program, however I wanted to weigh my other options. (both MD and DO)

What is the best way to message the adcoms of other programs to state, 'I've been accepted to another program and I intend to matriculate to medical school this year. However, I am still really interested in your program. If you are considering inviting me to interview please let me know.'

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is risky (though it could work). Two of my friends tried something similar after getting their first acceptances by contacting programs where they had already interviewed but not yet heard back from (and would have attending over their accepted programs). In both cases the schools they contacted promptly rejected them on the basis that they had other acceptances while other students might not. So proceed with caution.

I think this is risky (though it could work). Two of my friends tried something similar after getting their first acceptances by contacting programs where they had already interviewed but not yet heard back from (and would have attending over their accepted programs). In both cases the schools they contacted promptly rejected them on the basis that they had other acceptances while other students might not. So proceed with caution.

I can certainly see how that might happen but this is also a slightly different scenario. Granted it's kind of a hail mary attempt to get an interview but this late in the cycle, the odds of getting an unsolicited II seem very low.

@Goro @gonnif @LizzyM , any ideas how this might go over?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I wanted to reach out to SDN to get some opinions on messaging schools I am waiting to get an offer to interview at. I recently got accepted to a DO program, however I wanted to weigh my other options. (both MD and DO)

What is the best way to message the adcoms of other programs to state, 'I've been accepted to another program and I intend to matriculate to medical school this year. However, I am still really interested in your program. If you are considering inviting me to interview please let me know.'

Thanks for the advice!

Let it ride. If you get another interview, go to it, but don't send any e-mails.

This just screams: special AND needy snowflake!

Hi,

Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: 1 user