Accepted to PT School, have noticeable hand tremor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Actually92

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am currently enrolled at Azusa Pacific for this coming February! Awesome!

I do have a slight concern...

I have a noticeable hand tremor in both hands that I have had my entire life. Does anyone have any advice or experience with a PT student in a similar situation? I am curious how significantly it is going to effect me.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

I am currently enrolled at Azusa Pacific for this coming February! Awesome!

I do have a slight concern...

I have a noticeable hand tremor in both hands that I have had my entire life. Does anyone have any advice or experience with a PT student in a similar situation? I am curious how significantly it is going to effect me.

Thanks in advance!

You should be fine, they'll work around it.

Reactions: 1 user
I too am also curious on this topic. I have hand tremors in both hands and would be interested in other's thoughts in this area as a student in a DPT program. Would this be an issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
perhaps if you get to doing sharp debridement haha but your program should find a way to let you work around it. it isnt something that should prevent you from becoming a PT

Reactions: 1 user
I've noticed one of my professors who is also a practicing PT has a hand tremor. Ive never asked him about it but he's been practicing for quite awhile.

Thanks for all the replies!

I feel like once I am confident in what I am doing with my hands it will be a non-issue. I think I was just feeling a little discouraged and nervous from comments made by therapists that are teaching/letting me practice basic hands on techniques about my shakey hands. Glad to here people have met some people with similar problems.

Thanks for the encouragement!