Accepted with a 22??? UNE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did read all the posts here and I found objections to your last posts. You crossed the line in my book when it came to those last 2 posts.

I hardly have a reading comprehensive problem. All I was saying was that you need to back off and keep things civil without the attacks.

Suggestion- next time you want to talk to those who left negative remarks in your comments section - don't attack them here, but use some diplomacy. Ever heard the old saying you catch more flies with honey?

You have to realize people who have gotten low MCATs area already feeling badly enough. Compassion and not arrogance is the way to handle them. :)

I see that you took away 7 karma points from me. So what, that doesn't matter to me. Big deal. I only hope my post had a postive affect on someone here who has a low MCAT and was feeling hurt by your words. I could fight back and take away some of your points, but I am not going to.

Members don't see this ad.

Amy B said:
I did read all the posts here and I found objections to your last posts. You crossed the line in my book when it came to those last 2 posts.

I hardly have a reading comprehensive problem. All I was saying was that you need to back off and keep things civil without the attacks.

Suggestion- next time you want to talk to those who left negative remarks in your comments section - don't attack them here, but use some diplomacy. Ever heard the old saying you catch more flies with honey?

You have to realize people who have gotten low MCATs area already feeling badly enough. Compassion and not arrogance is the way to handle them. :)

I see that you took away 7 karma points from me. So what, that doesn't matter to me. Big deal. I only hope my post had a postive affect on someone here who has a low MCAT and was feeling hurt by your words. I could fight back and take away some of your points, but I am not going to.

At least I had the balls to sign my name. Also, I, unlike some of the immature posters in here, do not use karma to hurt people. I use it to acknowledge thoughful posts and unthoughtful posts. As you will notice, I did offer some "feedback" in my comments. If I wanted to use my karma to "hurt" you, I wouldn't have included comments nor my name. And I would have included a vulgar name, like the ones I have been receiving.

Sorry if you don't agree with the way I handle personal attacks. I choose to strike back with personal attacks of my own rather than use diplomacy. Different strokes for different folks.

From what I've seen, you have been very helpful to people on this board. Keep up the good work. I plan to continue helping people on this board as well by offering honest advice, whether people agree with it or not.

I also use this board to argue issues related to medicine and medical school. There is nothing wrong with arguing issues as long as personal atacks are avoided. I received personal attacks, so I responded appropriately.

I just ask that people read the posts for what they are and stop reading things into them.

I agree with direwolf, some peole are just way to sensitive about their mcat scores. Strangely everyone keeps saying that the mcat is only a concern up until you get into medical school and no one cares once you're in, well if thats the case why are so many affected by vague comments about the test. For what ever reason some of us did better than others on the test, but no one ever said the people that do better will become better doctors and no one said people who don't score as well are stupid.

I also think its silly with this karma issue, what is that really going to do, and posting rude comments to someone for expressing their opinion, now thats stupid. I mean honestly if you people are so sensitive now, how are you all going to handle residency when a full fledged physician is going to on you like a drill sergent day and night, i mean you're not going to be able to lash out at him/her, not if you care about your career. If you're really strong and confident, what others say should have no impact on how you feel. Thats what confidence is and as a physician you'll need that.

Also this bet thing about the board scores, your motivation to do well on the boards should stem from your desire to learn the literature of medicine so that you can apply that to a patient some day, not so you can prove you're just as good as someone who may or may not have scored higher than you on the mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Amy B said:
I see that you took away 7 karma points from me.

It only took away 7 points? I was hoping for more than that. :D ;)

DireWolf said:
It only took away 7 points? I was hoping for more than that. :D ;)

grrrrrr
sterb094.gif
sterb073.gif

sterb097.gif

fam12.gif

Amy B said:

I only deducted karma points, and now you're resorting to violence? :eek:

This is so unlike you. :D

Don't stop now. I've been reading through this thing for like a week now. It's like going to a fight to watch a hockey game. :) It was just getting good, and now everybody's going to get along.

First everbody was like :) , then they were like :( , then it got like :mad: then a little :smuggrin: .........................and now everybody's like :love:

Sorry ad_sharp.

I did have a good time calling people bonejobs and asshats. It made me feel good, and it beats the hell out of studying. I wish I could release some of the negative comments I received. Not very creative, but full of hate.

I figure now that this argument has run its course, I should try to get a date with Amy B out of it. :laugh:

I can feel the love on this thread. :love:

hmmm. seems as if I have scared Amy B away. I guess it's back to arguments and name-calling. :D

tkim6599 said:
So, everyone calm now, or do I have to close this thread?

No, please don't shut us down. We made up and direwolf and I are now dating :p

Oh no, don't tell Mr. Amy B. He might not approve :D

Of course I haven't been scared away. You will be stuck with me FOREVER :wow:

Amy B said:
No, please don't shut us down. We made up and direwolf and I are now dating :p

Oh no, don't tell Mr. Amy B. He might not approve :D

Of course I haven't been scared away. You will be stuck with me FOREVER :wow:

There is a Mr. Amy B? I guess the good ones are always taken. ;)

(nicedream) said:
This is sickening. :scared: :eek:

Shutty. You f***ing piece of ****. Low MCAT scoring motherf***er.

There. Is that better? :D

I hope you're talking to Amy.
I got a high score and gave you good karma. :(

(nicedream) said:
I hope you're talking to Amy.
I got a high score and gave you good karma. :(

Relax. I was talking to you. Just kidding around. I thought you were disappointed in the direction this thread was heading and wanted to see more hate. :laugh:

btw, check your rep.

:) -> :( -> :mad: -> :smuggrin: -> :love:

i think ad sharp said it best, that was the funniest thing i saw all day

carry on with your online dating ;-)

Chrisobean said:
:) -> :( -> :mad: -> :smuggrin: -> :love:

i think ad sharp said it best, that was the funniest thing i saw all day

carry on with your online dating ;-)

We should start a new SDN Med Student dating service for all of you singles out there. I don't see how any of you would have the time to find someone the conventional way :D