Accepted without a requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dents45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I would love your guys thoughts on this. I got accepted without having one of the schools requirements. Should I just thank the heavens or bring it up to the schools admissions committee. I only ask because I don't wanna go there and be even more lost than I probably would be had I taken that pre-req. Appreciate the input.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I would love your guys thoughts on this. I got accepted without having one of the schools requirements. Should I just thank the heavens or bring it up to the schools admissions committee. I only ask because I don't wanna go there and be even more lost than I probably would be had I taken that pre-req. Appreciate the input.

You better read the conditions of your acceptance letter because it is still possible to get accepted without having completed your requirements. But they require you to finish requirements before matriculation.

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted without all the requirements. They told me it was a conditional acceptance, meaning if I didn't finish all of my remaining pre-req's with a C or better by the end of the winter semester, they'd revoke my acceptance. You better get confirmation from the school. They have plenty of people on the waitlist ready to take your place...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You better read the conditions of your acceptance letter because it is still possible to get accepted without having completed your requirements. But they require you to finish requirements before matriculation.

yup. watch out with that. my school ADDED a requirement AFTER i was accepted and i still had to get it done before matriculation. you should definitely ask your school about it rather than just sit back and think you got lucky and slipped through the cracks. the issue isn't whether you're going to be lost and behind in dschool because you haven't taken the class...it's will you be in dschool at all, haha.

Absolutely bring it to their attention and prepare to complete it. I know a girl in the PT program who got pulled out of opening convocation the first week of classes because the school had JUST realized that she didn't complete one of her pre-recs. You don't want to move there and get settled only to be dropped from the class once they realize you didn't finish up the pre-recs.

It's only a provisional acceptance. Finish your pre-reqs.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get any conditions in the acceptance letter so this is what is confusing me. I graduated last May so it is not like they think I am still in undergrad with classes still in progress. But I guess it is better for me to bring it to their attention first rather than being dropped on the first day of classes or something like that. Thanks for the input.

I didn't get any conditions in the acceptance letter so this is what is confusing me. I graduated last May so it is not like they think I am still in undergrad with classes still in progress. But I guess it is better for me to bring it to their attention first rather than being dropped on the first day of classes or something like that. Thanks for the input.

It doesn't matter. They're assuming that any dental applicant who hasn't finished their prerequisites yet, are either in process or will be completing them by the time they matriculate. The conditions of your acceptance should arrive in a separate letter with your contract later. Better to call them now so you can take the appropriate actions.

I was accepted without all the requirements. They told me it was a conditional acceptance, meaning if I didn't finish all of my remaining pre-req's with a C or better by the end of the winter semester, they'd revoke my acceptance. You better get confirmation from the school. They have plenty of people on the waitlist ready to take your place...

Is this true? If I get accepted to enter dschool in 2011, will I have to have all of my pre-reqs completed by the end of winter(fall) semester 2010? What if I only have one more pre-req to take during the spring semester 2011?

I'm currently taking pre-reqs and am going to dschool in the fall. Not all schools need it done by the winter. Many just want it done before matriculation.

I need to take human anatomy before matrification. Summer class registration for my CC starts in 2 days. You better apply to CC or whereever u want to finish your credits before classes become full.

My acceptance letter had provisional language in it to cover anyone who had not finished all the pre-reqs: "Your admission is subject to satisfactory completion of any outstanding requirements... failure to complete any requirement may result in the offer of admission being rescinded".

Better talk to the school if you aren't sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking at ASDOH and their requirements include human anatomy and general physiology but my school doesn't offer these courses so what should I do?

The conditions come in a separate letter

I am looking at ASDOH and their requirements include human anatomy and general physiology but my school doesn't offer these courses so what should I do?
Go to another school and take it

Reactions: 1 users
Excuse me, do the dental schools in US for foreign trained dentists require the evaluations(marks) from biology and chemistry from the high school ?

Excuse me, do the dental schools in US for foreign trained dentists require the evaluations(marks) from biology and chemistry from the high school ?
US dental schools don't look at high schools records at all. They require your grades from your undergraduate courses. However, I'm aware that in some countries (like mine) dental and medical school are actually undergraduates. I don't know what then.
Here dental school is graduate school. After you go to an university and get a degree (usually as a biologist or other type of scientist), you apply to dental school. Like if it was a masters.

US dental schools don't look at high schools records at all. They require your grades from your undergraduate courses. However, I'm aware that in some countries (like mine) dental and medical school are actually undergraduates. I don't know what then.
Here dental school is graduate school. After you go to an university and get a degree (usually as a biologist or other type of scientist), you apply to dental school. Like if it was a masters.
OK then...they don't require my marks from high school diploma, but I have one more question. Because I am from Bulgaria, and gonna graduate in medical university here and when I go in us, the program in dental schools for foreign dentists to get a license and practise there is 2 years....am I right ?

OK then...they don't require my marks from high school diploma, but I have one more question. Because I am from Bulgaria, and gonna graduate in medical university here and when I go in us, the program in dental schools for foreign dentists to get a license and practise there is 2 years....am I right ?
If you are graduating from medical school then you wouldn't qualify. You need to graduate from a foreign dental school (not medical) to be considered a foreign dentist.
But yes, if you graduate as a dentist, the program here is two years approximately.

My school requires 3 years rather than 2. I don't know how common that is.

Around 100k per year is estimated CoA
Wow...the dental schools for foreign dentists are more expensive than dental schools for us citizens... I was thinking around 150k for the whole education