Accepted without Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justscared

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has ever heard of an acceptance without an interview???

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think any schools do that. Some applicants go through the interview as more of a formality, but they still have to do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's impossible, methinks.

I'll probably be accepted without an interview. :cool:

maybe at an extremely obscure caribbean school that opened last year, because they'll take anyone.

it was a joke
did you need your sarcasm meter to be replaced?

Members don't see this ad :)
heard of someone being accepted without taking the MCAT.

but scandal ensued.

heard of someone being accepted without taking the MCAT.

but scandal ensued.

Oh and what a scandal it was. Apparently the fellow had to repeat his first year. It upset me a bit because I was on the wait-list when they took one of the 2009 spots and gave it to him. Kind of depressing, really.

if you apply early decision, such as to a school like yale, is there an interview? normally i would think yes, but the due date is aug 31st and decisions are reached by oct 1...

Oh and what a scandal it was. Apparently the fellow had to repeat his first year. It upset me a bit because I was on the wait-list when they took one of the 2009 spots and gave it to him. Kind of depressing, really.

:barf:

if you apply early decision, such as to a school like yale, is there an interview? normally i would think yes, but the due date is aug 31st and decisions are reached by oct 1...

thats still a month between those dates, but really everyone applies in like june for EDP

thats still a month between those dates, but really everyone applies in like june for EDP
lmao, for a second there I thought Reptar had forgotten entirely about the month of September...

Haha. I forgot you were in the same situation. Sorry, I should have shared the pain. From what I understand, about 10-12 people failed their first year and are repeating this year - apparently a record number.

maybe at an extremely obscure caribbean school that opened last year, because they'll take anyone.

Doesn't AUC have a no interview acceptance position? I thought if you were above a certain GPA+MCAT then they offered you a spot. It's either one of the Big 4 or it's in 5th place, but it's one of the more well known ones. It may not but I remember hearing something about this in the Carib forum.

My future brother in law was accepted to 2 schools back in the early 90's without applying to them. He had a 4.0 (triple major) and a 44 MCAT. Full rides to tons of schools and eventually chose Wash U in STL.

So apparently it can happen

My future brother in law was accepted to 2 schools back in the early 90's without applying to them. He had a 4.0 (triple major) and a 44 MCAT. Full rides to tons of schools and eventually chose Wash U in STL.

90's were weird times, though.

:eek: How did schools find out about him if he didn't apply? Did he just get a letter in the mail that said "We want you, you're accepted, come here."?

Your MCAT score gets released to all schools that look for it after you take it (unless you check the "don't do that" box). That's how everyone gets all those "apply here!" mailers.

Mostly, I want to know if I can touch you.
Be gentle.

Your MCAT score gets released to all schools that look for it after you take it (unless you check the "don't do that" box). That's how everyone gets all those "apply here!" mailers.

Be gentle.

For the first time, always. The second time, well, have you ever been horseback riding?:confused:

:eek: How did schools find out about him if he didn't apply? Did he just get a letter in the mail that said "We want you, you're accepted, come here."?

I believe they just called him and asked if he would like to accept a full ride even though he has not filled out an application. My favorite part was when he told me Mayo called him (mayo was not one of the two) and told him he was accepted and he turned them down stating he had a full ride to Wash U. The guy on the phone says "ok, i will have to call you back" and does so 2 minutes later begging him to accept their full ride. Im from MN so hearing Mayo begging someone to attend their school is shocking.

Also a side note. He graduated top of his class and basically had his choice of specialty in any program in any hospital on this earth. He chose family practice back in MN because thats what he was passionate about and he wanted a life outside of medicine.

Life is to short to be doing things that don't make you happy.

Sometimes, I wish I could be smarter.

For now I'll keep eating good food, trying to sleep better, and enjoying the fact that I can breathe freely.

I am willing through jump many hoops to become a doctor. :)