accepted??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cschellh

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!!!!

I was just wondering who got in where, and your stats//extra curriculars!!!

This will be useful info for all us newbies that are trying to get in:smuggrin:

Remember the days where you were a nervous and anxious pre-pharm student.. and give us some hope!! Any advice that would have been useful that you learned along the way would be MUCH appreciated =) **AND CONGRATS ON MAKING IT!** :D

Thanks!!!

My stats are:

Cumul GPA~3.75
M/S GPA: ~3.4
Pcat- not yet
EC's:
-~250-300 hours of volunteer work
~100 hours of volunteering in pharmacy
~20 hours of job shadowing

--applying for '10! =)

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you trying to get in?
anywhere that accepts me =)

but i'll be applying to about 10 schools.

-lipscomb
-belmont
-wayne state
-ferris
-univ of cincinatti
-univ of toledo
-shenandoah
-wingate

-MAYBE hawaii

i'm wayyy nervous though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm nervous too. There are a lot of smart people out there. I don't mind applying many times, but it sure is a pain in the ass to write personal statements.

i'm not opposed to KY or anything, but when I was looking at stats of ppl accepted it looked pretty scary..

like i said, anywhere that accepts me =) you're going there? what are your stats and all that good stuff???

It looks like you have good stats. Why are you worried?

the day that i get an acceptance letter i will stop being worried =P i'm a natural worrier unfortunately. i don't know, i'm paranoid, my stats are from a CC and i don't have a bachelors, so i'm kinda paranoid that i won't get in w/o a bachelors bc i have about 90 credits. how are yours?? where are you applying?

You're a natural worrier like me, haha. When do you plan on taking your PCAT?

i'm not opposed to KY or anything, but when I was looking at stats of ppl accepted it looked pretty scary..

like i said, anywhere that accepts me =) you're going there? what are your stats and all that good stuff???

3.33 Overall GPA, 69 PCAT, 8 years of military service and I volunteer ~5 hours per week in a VA hospital inpatient pharmacy.

Vale- where are you applying?? it seems like when i'm on here, i saw a person say they got accepted to 2 or 3 schools w/ a 2.89 cumul. and i think a 2.7 M/S (or reversed). i think they got a 91 on th pcat, but still.. w/ a gpa that is on the lower end and them getting interviews... maybe we should feel safe?? i don't know? haha.

blue-- yeah, i hate the whole natural worrying thing.. :-\ ahh!! and i'm taking it in aug for sure, and MAYBE june. i finish classes in may, and i plan on laying around for the rest of may, then buckling down for june-aug. my bf is also taking it at the same time, so we're planning on motivating each other =D u???

I applied to Cincinnati, Kentucky, Pitt, Wisconsin and LECOM-E. However, I declined my Wisconsin interview and I won't be finishing my LECOM-E supplemental.

so, you got in somewhere already?? where at??? 1st choice??? must be relieving =D

Members don't see this ad :)
blue-- yeah, i hate the whole natural worrying thing.. :-\ ahh!! and i'm taking it in aug for sure, and MAYBE june. i finish classes in may, and i plan on laying around for the rest of may, then buckling down for june-aug. my bf is also taking it at the same time, so we're planning on motivating each other =D u???
I already took the PCAT since I'm applying for Fall '09. You should maybe think about taking it in June in case you screw up and have August to fall back on. I took mine in October so it didn't make much of a difference for me to send in my applications early for rolling admission schools since they weren't going to look at them until they were complete (i.e. needed PCAT score).

Anyway yeah having someone to motivate you is a good idea.

that's awesome vale!!!! =) how was the interview??

andblue-- yeah that's probably a good idea. i'll prob take it early =D

Hey all!!!!

I was just wondering who got in where, and your stats//extra curriculars!!!

This will be useful info for all us newbies that are trying to get in:smuggrin:

Remember the days where you were a nervous and anxious pre-pharm student.. and give us some hope!! Any advice that would have been useful that you learned along the way would be MUCH appreciated =) **AND CONGRATS ON MAKING IT!** :D

Thanks!!!

My stats are:

Cumul GPA~3.75
M/S GPA: ~3.4
Pcat- not yet
EC's:
-~250-300 hours of volunteer work
~100 hours of volunteering in pharmacy
~20 hours of job shadowing

--applying for '10! =)

I got into Howard and have an interview at another school next week. I have a 3.1 GPA and a 75 PCAT. I have over 600 hours of volunteer work and strong leadership activities. I have been working as a pharm tech for about 3 years in addition to another full time job.

You mentioned people getting in that had excellent PCAT scores but lower than average GPAs. Since some schools weigh the PCAT and GPA equally, you can make your application much more competitive by doing very well on the PCAT. Additionally, applying early to rolling admissions schools also helps. Hope this info helps.

we were actually thinking about applying to howard as well =) do you think that will be where you are going? wow, 600 hrs of volunteering.. that is amazing :) i bet the interviewers loved that, and it is probably pretty uncommon to have that much! that's awesome =)

we were actually thinking about applying to howard as well =) do you think that will be where you are going? wow, 600 hrs of volunteering.. that is amazing :) i bet the interviewers loved that, and it is probably pretty uncommon to have that much! that's awesome =)

Cschellh, I haven't decided just yet where I will be going. I have an interview at another school later this month so it will depend on what happens there. I have one of those shirts that says 'stop me before I volunteer again', luckily its something that I love to do and helps me learn more about my community. Good luck on those applications for next year, just make sure to apply early to all the rolling admission schools that y'all are interested in!

GPA: 3.24 Pharmcas
PCATS: 76/74 lowered to 71/69 after the 2008 re-scale
Pharmacy Technician for 1 year, CPhT
B.S. degree

As of 2/21 -
Accepted: Wingate, Shenandoah
Interviewed: UNC, Belmont (declined invite)
Waiting: Campbell

Wow! Good for you!!! So, which one will you be choosing? Any interesting impressions on Wingate/Shenandoah? I'll be applying to both next year! CONGRATS!!! :cool:

GPA: 3.24 Pharmcas
PCATS: 76/74 lowered to 71/69 after the 2008 re-scale
Pharmacy Technician for 1 year, CPhT
B.S. degree

As of 2/21 -
Accepted: Wingate, Shenandoah
Interviewed: UNC, Belmont (declined invite)
Waiting: Campbell

Will probably take UNC if I get in there. If not, I will probably go to Wingate. However, UNC, Shenandoah and Wingate were all very pleasant to visit! Wingate is very student focused and concerned with getting their students experience from day one with a class size of about 70 students. Shenandoah is in a very beautiful area and has a nice building with friendly people and a class size of about 90 students. It hurts to turn any of them down, but I am very thankful for the offers and would be happy going to any of them.

Last edited:
Hi. I got into LECOM-B for this upcoming August... my stats are pretty mediocre --> 3.3 overall GPA and 3.10 science GPA, graduating with Bachelor's in Biology this May, Have about three years experience as a tech in two different retail pharmacies, good LOR from the pharmacist I currently work with, treasurer for Pre-Med Society club, resident assistant for one year...oh yeah, and 56 on my PCAT from October (which I retook in Jan and am just waiting in new score, but I am accepted to LECOM regardless of PCAT). I hope you get in next year and good luck! :)

2.91 cumulative GPA
2.77 science GPA
84 PCAT composite
2+ years retail pharmacy technician (working between 25-40 hours a week)
700+ hours volunteering at local organization (over 6 years)

I interviewed at Jefferson & Midwestern Chicago, and got an invite to Shenandoah. I ended up declining my interview at Shenandoah because I was accepted to Jefferson and MWU-CCP, but I haven't decided which one to attend yet.

And yes, I know my stats are on the very low side, and I feel SO lucky that I got in this year. I was so sure this was going to be my "test run" application cycle, and that I would be applying again for Fall 2010. So it just goes to show you.. don't lose hope! =)

Last edited:
Wow! Good for you! I'm sure you Pharm tech exp helped a lot and all that volunteering! your pcat is really good too!!! Good luck!!! :)

2.91 cumulative GPA
2.77 science GPA
84 PCAT composite
2+ years retail pharmacy technician (working between 25-40 hours a week)
700+ hours volunteering at local organization (over 6 years)

I interviewed at Jefferson & Midwestern Chicago, and got an invite to Shenandoah. I ended up declining my interview at Shenandoah because I was accepted to Jefferson and MWU-CCP, but I haven't decided which one to attend yet.

And yes, I know my stats are on the very low side, and I feel SO lucky that I got in this year. I was so sure this was going to be my "test run" application cycle, and that I would be applying again for Fall 2010. So it just goes to show you.. don't lose hope! =)

Will probably take UNC if I get in there. If not, I will probably go to Wingate. However, UNC, Shenandoah and Wingate were all very pleasant to visit! Wingate is very student focused and concerned with getting their students experience from day one with a class size of about 70 students. Shenandoah is in a very beautiful area and has a nice building with friendly people and a class size of about 90 students. It hurts to turn any of them down, but I am very thankful for the offers and would be happy going to any of them.

Thanks for the info! I love getting info from other applicants perspectives, it's extremely helpful! :) Good luck w/ UNC! :) Any tips w/ the interviews or anything? Hopefully it is as pleasant for me as, if i'm lucky enough to get an interview! :cool: Thanks again!!

Hi. I got into LECOM-B for this upcoming August... my stats are pretty mediocre --> 3.3 overall GPA and 3.10 science GPA, graduating with Bachelor's in Biology this May, Have about three years experience as a tech in two different retail pharmacies, good LOR from the pharmacist I currently work with, treasurer for Pre-Med Society club, resident assistant for one year...oh yeah, and 56 on my PCAT from October (which I retook in Jan and am just waiting in new score, but I am accepted to LECOM regardless of PCAT). I hope you get in next year and good luck! :)

Thank you for the info! CONGRATS! :D