Accepting Acceptance offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

albinotrout

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm a little confused about this whole acceptance thing. From what I've read, most schools have a pretty speedy deadline for you to accept their offers. However, I've also heard a lot of people talk about accepting multiple offers and holding out for other schools before making a final decision. Obviously, there's a lot of variation regarding the point in the year that you'll be notified depending on each school. So is it correct to assume that you can accept as many offers as you want, but by May 15ish, you can only hold onto one? Do most of them require you to pay the tuition deposit with your acceptance, or do you have until May 15 to decide where to send the deposit? Thanks for any help you guys can provide, even if it simply consists of telling me to go read each schools application rules for myself. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

albinotrout said:
OK, I'm a little confused about this whole acceptance thing. From what I've read, most schools have a pretty speedy deadline for you to accept their offers. However, I've also heard a lot of people talk about accepting multiple offers and holding out for other schools before making a final decision. Obviously, there's a lot of variation regarding the point in the year that you'll be notified depending on each school. So is it correct to assume that you can accept as many offers as you want, but by May 15ish, you can only hold onto one? Do most of them require you to pay the tuition deposit with your acceptance, or do you have until May 15 to decide where to send the deposit? Thanks for any help you guys can provide, even if it simply consists of telling me to go read each schools application rules for myself. :oops:

all uhave to do is send out all the deposits...when u decide which school u wanna go to ....get ur deposits back.....i think its tat simple:)

yes you can accept mulitple acceptance. Some schools do require you to make a deposit when you accept their acceptance (some or refundable while others are not). Some schools dont have deposit for you to accept their acceptance. But by may 15, you can only hold only one acceptance. So if you were holding multiple acceptance before, then you have to let the other schools know that you are declining their acceptances. You still can be on the waiting list after may 15, but only hold acceptance.