Accepting admission at another school even though UIC is my first choice

Started by tifferzzz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tifferzzz

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I'm having a dilemma right now. the University of Illinois at Chicago is my number 1 choice, but I applied during the regular decision period, so they won't be getting back to us until about January. Well, I've received acceptances from other schools and want to put money down just to be on the safe side. This is where my dilemma comes in. If I put money down for another school, can UIC see that I've already accepted admission at another school? Will they then NOT consider me for admission into their program? Any sort of input would be helpful! Thank you!
 
Hey guys! I'm having a dilemma right now. the University of Illinois at Chicago is my number 1 choice, but I applied during the regular decision period, so they won't be getting back to us until about January. Well, I've received acceptances from other schools and want to put money down just to be on the safe side. This is where my dilemma comes in. If I put money down for another school, can UIC see that I've already accepted admission at another school? Will they then NOT consider me for admission into their program? Any sort of input would be helpful! Thank you!

I have the same dilemma if anyone can give us some insight
 
No.

Just pay the deposit. That's what it's for.

If anything, it makes you more valued, because they know other schools want you too.