Accepting full ride scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
nvm

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to inform everyone about the silent killer that is among us. There are a lot of people out there worried about this substance because it is so prevalent and so heavily researched.

Dont be uninformed. Protect yourself

http://www.dhmo.org/

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

this thread confuses me

typo -- out of respect... I had written a post that started with "you are a tool" but pulled it after you wrote nvm.

well I had a legitmate question! but too private i think

A free ride with a deadline has a deadline so that someone else can be offered the pot of gold before May 15. Give it some thought but if you won't matriculate, don't say you will take the scholarship solely to use it as leverage at another institution. If they wanted to offer you something, they'd do it.

A free ride with a deadline has a deadline so that someone else can be offered the pot of gold before May 15. Give it some thought but if you won't matriculate, don't say you will take the scholarship solely to use it as leverage at another institution. If they wanted to offer you something, they'd do it.

ok thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT: 17

wut

I think a school will overlook a 17 MCAT if, for instance, you single-handedly saved NYC from a nuclear explosion.

But you'd still need a good GPA. That goes without saying.

typo -- out of respect... I had written a post that started with "you are a tool" but pulled it after you wrote nvm.
almost choked on my coke from giggling.
almost forget that adcom members are real people sometimes.

Reactions: 1 user
almost choked on my coke from giggling.
almost forget that adcom members are real people sometimes.

I take it back. When tat just rhymed, that actually made my sould warm.

And BTW, I am wonder just how often Adcom's think "what a tool," after meeting us for interviews and the like. :rolleyes:

LizzyM, you're a badass; I hope I meet you on the interview trail. Although, I'll be looking for distinguished LizzyM the avatar, not probably-younger-LizzyM, so I won't even know... oh medical (school) mysteries!

I think a school will overlook a 17 MCAT if, for instance, you single-handedly saved NYC from a nuclear explosion.

So... wait. Is Peter Petrelli finally going all the way and applying to medical school?

BS, I suppose, to make the med app harder to match with his AMCAS. Better not to have one at all; as it is, it is no help to future applicants who are looking to compare their stats to past applicants' results.

oops that was for during the cycle to keep stuff annoymous, forgot to change it back

So can someone recap the gist of the thread for me? Was he asking about the etiquette of accepting scholarship offers? This is very relevant to my interests...

So can someone recap the gist of the thread for me? Was he asking about the etiquette of accepting scholarship offers? This is very relevant to my interests...

...Same. I won't make fun of you OP. You can PM me if you'd like.

basically about accepting a scholarship but had a deadline before may 15th, does it still follow the hold as many as need to rule for schools?

And whats the consensus? I see an administrator is in this thread. What should one do when one had competing aid offers?

And whats the consensus? I see an administrator is in this thread. What should one do when one had competing aid offers?

I don't handle anything on the job that is related to scholarships but I do have a non-trad friend who had to decide between a free ride at one school and a nice offer at a second school that would not cover everything. (This was within the last 5 years -- not ancient history.) He accepted both, then withdrew (before May 15) from the school with the nice offer and told them it was because the numbers didn't work. They came back with enough money to make it work for him. I was very surprised. He had withdrawn which could have been game over -- it isn't a strategy that I'd recommend unless you really can accept that if it plays out the other way it leaves you with just your second choice.

So... wait. Is Peter Petrelli finally going all the way and applying to medical school?

It'd certainly take him long enough. First he was a nurse, then a paramedic, and who knows what he'll be doing next. He does, of course, have some stellar ECs, though :laugh: