Accepting One School Affect Chances of Getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChangeinCareer

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if accepting an offer from one school will affect whether other schools will offer acceptance or even an interview? I got an acceptance from a school which is awesome but is truthfully my last pick, do you guys think accepting their offer will affect my chances of getting into other programs? Is it worth it to call the schools and ask?
 
No it will not hurt your chances at all. Schools cannot see where you applied or whether you were accepted, interviewed, or whatever till after the cycle has finished. Hope this helps, and congrats on the acceptances!
 
Oh really? I thought this was the first year schools could see where you were accepted to/accepted offers through PTCAS, am I wrong?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh really? I thought this was the first year schools could see where you were accepted to/accepted offers through PTCAS, am I wrong?
I might be wrong (correct me if I am) but from what I have read they cant see these things till after the cycle is over. So they can see these things but not till next Julyish, making it unbiased as to who they invite to join their programs.
 
Does anyone know if accepting an offer from one school will affect whether other schools will offer acceptance or even an interview? I got an acceptance from a school which is awesome but is truthfully my last pick, do you guys think accepting their offer will affect my chances of getting into other programs? Is it worth it to call the schools and ask?



I sent my deposit into Chatham, and then a few weeks later I was accepted to Pitt. So I really don't think it affects the decision of any other programs