Accidental loan deferment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBonita

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to take some art class at the local community college. I wanted to pursue my dream of being an art teacher at my local high school. My mother was a high school teacher and it would make my mother so proud if I could accomplish this dream. I did not realize that the community college contacted the department of education and had my loans deferred because I was taking art classes at night. Just wanted to let everyone know that even if you take a mickey mouse class at a community college they are required to notify the department of education to defer your loans. The best way to avoid this is too contact your loan service and tell them to cancel the deferment.

I paid for the classes out of pocket and did not take advantage of the financial aid. Thanks.
I did however, download the pirated PDF textbooks to save money. I am sure tons of you do that with the Koda Kimble and Pharmacotherapy books.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t see what stealing the textbook has to do with the rest of your post but enjoy the class!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I thought the same thing. He went from loan deferment to piracy. Maybe just open a new thread to brag about it.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought the same thing. He went from loan deferment to piracy. Maybe just open a new thread to brag about it.

Lol. I had no intentions of bragging. I know a few people have talked about med school after or switching of careers. I am doing that right now and I wanted to give my full experience. I was concerned at buying 200 dollar textbooks and found out it was super easy to find a pdf free online or on ebay for 5 dollars. Going back to school ain't to bad. I am getting A's in my art classes. Compared to pharmacy art is more rewarding.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol. I had no intentions of bragging. I know a few people have talked about med school after or switching of careers. I am doing that right now and I wanted to give my full experience. I was concerned at buying 200 dollar textbooks and found out it was super easy to find a pdf free online or on ebay for 5 dollars. Going back to school ain't to bad. I am getting A's in my art classes. Compared to pharmacy art is more rewarding.

Cool, now you are the outlier of the class with a doctorate degree.
I was thinking of taking some classes at night at a local community class. But so far, no classes could offered that could work with my working schedule.

Reactions: 1 user
Why do you still have loans? Aren't you the guy who works for kaiser at 80+/hr making 200k/yr with easy OTs for 15 yrs + a per diem job? You should pay off your loan ASAP.

Reactions: 3 users
Who cares if they are in deferment? You can still continue to pay them as normal... this thread is kind of irrelevant

6 credits = part-time student (technically), therefore you qualified for the loan deferment.

I was thinking of taking some classes at night at a local community class. But so far, no classes could offered that could work with my working schedule.

Are online classes an option? Many community colleges offer the online option now. Here in Phoenix, one of the community colleges is nearly 100% online (Rio Salado Community College). Offers more flexibility with those busy schedules.